Solved

"Webroot Message" View your personalized Security Report

• 8 December 2013
  • 86 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I just got this message down by the Clock a few minutes ago Cool! Maybe @ can give us some info on this? ;)

Daniel

icon

Best answer by JClark 4 June 2014, 19:25

View original

86 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Problem is NOT solved. I received this popup several times and finally I clicked it, looked at everything, said "ok, very pretty," then closed the browser. Today, I turn on my computer again and, there it is again. I think if this popup isn't resolved, I am switching to another protection company. ANY idea how to turn this thing off for good? Driving me nuts!
Hello @ Sorry you are having this problem with the pop ups...

EDIT: Okay @ please note TripleHelix's post after mine. This is normal and the popups will go away.. 

So, if you do not mind could you try a clean uninstall/reinstall of SecureAnywhere.  You can use this link to download a new copy of the installer (assuming you did not purchase from Best Buy).  Then uninstall, reboot, install with the new installer (making sure that you do not import any previous settings if offered the option, and then reboot.
making sure that before you do you make sure that you have your keycode at hand: 

Finally, if none of that helps then you are going to need you to Open a Support Ticket in for the Support Team to to properly address the issue in this case.  This will most likely require some basic log gathering so they can see what's going on in terms of interaction with other software.

Please post back if you have more concerns or if this problem has been resolved so that we may help others.

Thank you,
Regards,
Userlevel 1
Thank you, but in my experience with the universal response of uninstalling and reinstalling, I have noticed that pretty much all cases of software reinstall are not fixed. I did get this software from Best Buy as a free year when I bought my laptop. I do not have my key as I left everything in America, including the box with the serial key for my software.Thank you for your response though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Thank you, but in my experience with the universal response of uninstalling and reinstalling, I have noticed that pretty much all cases of software reinstall are not fixed. I did get this software from Best Buy as a free year when I bought my laptop. I do not have my key as I left everything in America, including the box with the serial key for my software.Thank you for your response though.
Hello @ :D IMHO this does work with WSA. Because the some files can get corrupted. And can't you get support from the Geek Squad? I have the link at the botton of my Post.

Also may I say that what's it going to hurt by uninstalling and installing again? If you call BestBuy/Geek Squad they should have your key code listed. I'm sure they will help you because you have support from them the minute you install WSA on your computer.

Please give it a try and let us know if you don't mind keeping us updated so that we can help others...that would also be nice!;)

Best Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Problem is NOT solved. I received this popup several times and finally I clicked it, looked at everything, said "ok, very pretty," then closed the browser. Today, I turn on my computer again and, there it is again. I think if this popup isn't resolved, I am switching to another protection company. ANY idea how to turn this thing off for good? Driving me nuts!
This is normal and only lasts a few days also I have only received it twice in the last year and you should only get the pop-up on boot up so if you reboot it will pop-up again and like I already said it's only for a few days. Also if need be your keycode it will show here but at this time no need to do a reinstall because of this pop-up.

HTH,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 2
Hello dyrelogan
So sorry for your issues with the report The only way I had rid the report was: 1 to read the report 2 Advanced settings on Control Panel Scan Scheduler set the Optimizer and in a few days it went away. I hope I'm not doing a repeat sorry again for the trouble it has caused you. Windows has a really good compatability program, if you have an issue I would try it. It could be from something else that is tied in with it,maybe. I'm not a techie, I'm a person who goes by experience.
Hope the rest of your day turns out better
Thank you for your time
little voice
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hello dyrelogan
So sorry for your issues with the report The only way I had rid the report was: 1 to read the report 2 Advanced settings on Control Panel Scan Scheduler set the Optimizer and in a few days it went away. I hope I'm not doing a repeat sorry again for the trouble it has caused you.
Hope the rest of your day turns out better
Thank you for your time
little voice
It only last 2 to 4 days and what you purposed will do nothing sorry.

Daniel
Userlevel 2
Daniel
Thank you for that, mine went away that way, and how can it hurt to try it, he is ready to leave.
Thank you for your time and have a great day
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
Welcome to the community dyrelogan!

Sorry for your unpleasant experience with the popup.

I hope you you have read Daniels post telling you that the popup goes away in a few days. No need to do anything.

As for your keycode for your copy from Best Buy, if you go to your console and click on the gear next to account settings indicated by the red arrow. you will find your keycode displayed in the next window.

If it is not displayed there, click on the gear next to account setting as indicated by the blue arrow, click on access control in the next window (see 2nd photot) and uncheck the box next to hide the keycode on screen (circled in red-2nd photo)

If you should need help with anything else, please feel free to ask here in the community. 

You can reach Geek Squad (Best Buy) here should you need assistance and you can also submit a support ticket to the Webroot tech support team.

Below my signature you will also find a link to the user guides.

I hope you will come back to the community and share your experiences. There is a lot of information here, so please browse around and enjoy!

Beth
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello littlevoice! Are you having any issues? Its good to see you here again and hoping your Computer is running alright with WSA!:D
Userlevel 6
Are you there littlevoice? 

I saw you posted but it is blank.

Did you have another question?

Beth
Userlevel 5
Badge +22
Let me know if I should open a separate thread with the same subject.

To turn off the "personalized security report" which tells me "822 scans peformed" and "2 threats (false positives) removed".

The instruction, "Advanced settings on Control Panel Scan Scheduler set the Optimize" was attempted but the word "optimizer" was not found.  Here is what is listed, please tell me which one is the "Optimizer".

Enable Scheduled Scans
Scan Frequency
Time
Scan on bootup if the computer is off at the scheduled time
Hide the scan progress bar (disabled)
Do not perform scheculed scans when on battery power
Do not perform scheculed scans when a full scree application or game is open
Randomize the line of scheduled scans up to one hour for faster scanning
Peform a scheculed Quick Scan instead of a Deep Scan (disabled)

Thank you.