Below are some of the key statistics from the study:
- Nearly 50% of companies with remote users reported that Web-borne attacks compromised security of customer data, which had a negative impact on company financials.
- 64% of companies allow remote access to servers for 25% to 100% of employees.
- 90% of companies agree that managing the security of remote users is extremely challenging
- 71% of Web security professionals who say managing remote users is highly challenging experienced Web-born phishing attacks in 2012.
- 50% of US firms with remote users estimate the cost of Web-borne attacks at $25,000 to $10 million.
You can read the full press release from the Webroot website here.
To download and read the study in it's entirety, click here and fill out the info.