Webroot supports all Apple M1 ARM-based and Intel® Mac processors

• 19 November 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +48

If you are an Apple Mac user you’ll know that Apple announced the adoption of its new ARM-based Apple M1 processor chips this week. Apple is doing this to provide the highest possible performance with the lowest power consumption, and by integrating Apple’s own custom technologies into these new processors improve Mac's capabilities and make Apple Macs stand out even more from the competition.

Webroot is pleased to announce that from Tuesday (November 17th, 2020) our Mac agent version 9.1.4 for macOS 11 Big Sur also supports the new ARM-based Apple M1 processor on Macs as well as Apple Mac Intel®️ processors.

Click here for more information.

9 replies

Apple is switching its internal architecture from one that uses Intel CPUs, third-party graphics processors, and other parts, to the company's own “system on a chip.” The first Apple silicon SoC for Macs is called the M1.

Apple is switching its internal architecture from one that uses Intel CPUs, third-party graphics processors, and other parts, to the company's own “system on a chip.” The first Apple silicon SoC for Macs is called the M1.

M1’s performance is better then intel chips. wendy's lunch time surveyzop.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Intel’s mobile processors have been lagging behind in power  vs performance for some time. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

I have no new Apple devices that use the M-Series chips. Can someone confirm that we can indeed install and run on Apple M-Series Silicon?

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@ChadL Hey chad do you know?

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I found this:

Userlevel 5

We do in fact install and run on Apple M-Series Silicon. Our developers have a mix of M1 and Intel based machines and our testing includes both. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Thanks Chad!

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

I have no new Apple devices that use the M-Series chips. Can someone confirm that we can indeed install and run on Apple M-Series Silicon?

John

I am running just fine on a MacBookPro M1 Max on MacOS Monterey 12.0