Webroot Weekly Highlights - 10/26/2018

• 26 October 2018
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +48
This is a weekly highlight of the best articles and news going on in the Community.

See any stories that catch your interest? What would you like to see in the future? Let us know in the comments below!

[b]@AndyMa@TylerM, and me (@PCrespin)[/list] 
See the full article here.

Belgium: Oi, Brits, explain why Belgacom hack IPs pointed at you and your GCHQ

GCHQ’s rumoured hacking operation against Belgacom came back into the spotlight yesterday after a local newspaper revealed more tantalising snippets from a Belgian judicial investigation into the attack.

See the full article here.

Google to Make Two Years of Security Updates Mandatory for OEMs

Google is engaged in a never-ending game of cat and mouse with people looking to bypass their security measures. A lot of vulnerabilities making their way into the limelight in recent years prompting Google to create the monthly security bulletin which features patches against the latest security exploits.

See the full article here.

Hacker Discloses New Windows Zero-Day Exploit On Twitter

A security researcher with Twitter alias SandboxEscaper—who two months ago publicly dropped a zero-day exploit for Microsoft Windows Task Scheduler—has yesterday released another proof-of-concept exploit for a new Windows zero-day vulnerability.

See the full article here.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Thanks. I especially found the Google article interesting. 
Companies are really nervous now about security. I just learned that Apple will no longer allow a customer to turn off thier annoying Two-Factor Authentication once it is turned on. If you turn it on in error, you have 2 hours to cancel it (you must pick a new password if you do) but that is the only way.  

Strange, kind of like saying, "You will use our securty and you will like it. No talking, and no complaints." Leave it to Apple to REQUIRE you to use a feature.