Webroot Weekly Highlights - 5/11/2018

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
This is a weekly highlight of the best articles and news going on in the Community.

See any stories that catch your interest? What would you like to see in the future? Let us know in the comments below!

Cyber News Rundown: GDPR Edition

As the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) edges closer, we’re looking back on the five most significant stories during the lead up to its implementation. Read about GDPR’s impact on data security and find out how to get prepared with five steps to compliance.

See the full article here.

A Message from Kiran Kumar, Product Director, Networks - DNS

"I am excited to be the featured PM for this month and I look forward to having a constructive dialogue with all of you via this forum. If you’d like to ask a question or provide any commentary, please use the reply function below and I’ll be responding regularly throughout the next four weeks."

See the full article here.

Phishers Use New Method to Bypass Office 365 Safe Links

Cybercriminals have been using a new method to ensure that the URLs included in their phishing emails bypass the Safe Links security feature in Office 365, cloud security company Avanan revealed on Tuesday.

Safe Links, offered as part of Microsoft’s Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) solution, is designed to protect organizations against malicious links delivered through emails and documents. Safe Links checks the original URL to see if it has been blacklisted (by Microsoft or the ATP customer) or if it points to malware. If a malicious element is detected, the original link is replaced and users are alerted when they click on it.

See the full article here.

GDPR and the Webroot Community

Webroot has taken many steps to become compliant with the GDPR, which becomes effective on May 25th, 2018. As part of these efforts we are now providing users with greater control over their personal data on the Webroot Community.

See the full article here.

See what people have been saying about us

• "I have been using Webroot for a couple years now and i have been completely happy with the products protection. I simply don't worry about it when i go out on the internet, i got a really good recommendation. If a place isn't safe Webroot lets me know."
  • "This software by far provides me with the best peace of mind I've had in awhile. Easy to install and custom configure (if you so desire), Works in the background and appears to do it's job without interrupting your normal operation. Since install, I have not locked up, been hacked, or otherwise been bothered by any of the junk that is out there. Well worth my investment."
  • "Easiest to install (even switching to new device) and easy to maintain. Doesn’t slow system down. Have had for 10 years and not one virus or any maleare. I will not change to another!"

0 replies

Be the first to reply!