WINNERS

Week 2 Winners: Halloween Community Contest

Week 2 Winners: Halloween Community Contest
Userlevel 7
Badge +24
  • Sr. Security Analyst & Community Manager
  • 1098 replies

Hey everyone!

Here are Week 2 winners for our contest! 

CONGRATULATIONS TO 

@kleinmat4103 @russell.harris @Jamesharris85 @tmcmullen @Martin.1 @MunkeyMan @jhartnerd123 @AsadP @MajorHavoc @tasystems 

For those that need a refresher on prizes in contest and how to win please see this post

PREVIOUS WINNERS

Remember I will reach out to you all after the contest ends for shipping as many of you will win multiple prizes

Looks like everyone woke up this week and the points are like 4x higher 🤓

23 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Must be all this malware talk and scares that’s woken me up 😂

Well done to everyone who’s won this week and @TylerM  as always for these goodies events!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Awesome thanks! I have no idea how people have the time to comment and like so many posts to get over 300 points - I am impressed!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks again  @TylerM 

Awesome thanks! I have no idea how people have the time to comment and like so many posts to get over 300 points - I am impressed!

it’s a skill! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks again  @TylerM 

it’s a skill! 

Absolutely!

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thanks @TylerM  Great way to get the community to be more active 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks, @TylerM! Congrats to all!

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Thanks @TylerM as always.

This has always been a pretty active community and the more we share our knowledge, the better we all are.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Many thanks @TylerM , very grateful! Congrats to all the winners :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Phew! I just scraped in! YEAH!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks @TylerM as always.

This has always been a pretty active community and the more we share our knowledge, the better we all are.

Agreed. Can’t be many communities out there as good as this one

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Could not agree more 🤗

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@MunkeyMan  🙂 I have to say, I thought I had a lot done last week and barely made 5th. Have to take 2 weeks leave for the rest of the contest I think :-) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Could not agree more 🤗

I agree completely on this. So many companies I deal with the topic of a community come up and it appears that you are from mars or something. This is what make this community even more special. Caring about us in the community. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Phew! I just scraped in! YEAH!

@tasystems  how I made it in there, I really do not know. but am stoked. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks @TylerM  Great way to get the community to be more active 

@tmcmullen  always good to be a part of active communities. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Could not agree more 🤗

I agree completely on this. So many companies I deal with the topic of a community come up and it appears that you are from mars or something. This is what make this community even more special. Caring about us in the community. 

Yes. Or it’s just full of pointless chat and nothing else. Here has a nice balance of friendly banter with proper support, tips and ideas. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks again  @TylerM 

it’s a skill! 

@russell.harris  I think part of the community is to share those skills right? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks again  @TylerM 

it’s a skill! 

@russell.harris  I think part of the community is to share those skills right? 

Exactly. Share the knowledge creates a much better world than keeping it to oneself

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Being on vacation makes it hard to play. And yet I was on the top 10. Surprising. But I’ll get more involved next week. Congrats to all the winners. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Could not agree more 🤗

Yes. Or it’s just full of pointless chat and nothing else. Here has a nice balance of friendly banter with proper support, tips and ideas. 

Although, during contests like this (which I love BTW), which does increase participation, this forum also becomes full of “banter” and meaningless “oh yes, I agree too” like comments because they earn points. While I like the increased participation, sadly during this time, the signal to noise ratio does go way down. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Although, during contests like this (which I love BTW), which does increase participation, this forum also becomes full of “banter” and meaningless “oh yes, I agree too” like comments because they earn points. While I like the increased participation, sadly during this time, the signal to noise ratio does go way down. 

It’s basically impossible to stop this completely. We have banned and warned for obvious and egregious infractions, but there is only so much that can be done. 

The silver lining is there are some absolute gems of genuine customers learning about our products from other users who now see even more value and opportunity out of our offerings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It’s basically impossible to stop this completely. We have banned and warned for obvious and egregious infractions, but there is only so much that can be done. 

The silver lining is there are some absolute gems of genuine customers learning about our products from other users who now see even more value and opportunity out of our offerings.

True. Hard to stop as forums are supposed to be a place to chat and wouldn’t be very personable of people just posted info with no conversation.

However, there certainly has been a massive hike in posts this week now there’s a competition on and it is a mix of genuine chat and small talk.

Just really hope those posting suddenly this week or more stay afterwards and keep the community sharing knowledge.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@TylerM  living in SA, will the prizes be a treat to get here or a trick?