Contest Winners

Week 3 Winners Announced! (UPDATED)

Week 3 Winners Announced! (UPDATED)
Userlevel 7
Badge +24
  • Sr. Security Analyst & Community Manager
  • 1098 replies

Okay so I have some kinda bad news!

When I went to grab screenshots last night of the current standings before the usual weekly reset…. Some users had already had their points reset!

Both of these members had over 1k points on Friday😬

I have been talking with Insided (platform we use) support team this morning and they did indeed have leaderboard issues and we are not alone.

“Very sorry for the trouble here….We've received reports about the leaderboard this morning, and we're looking into them….I've also enquired with our engineering team about the timezone inconsistency, as you have Eastern Time set up in your configuration, so the reset should occur for all users at the same time.”

Good thing I centered the contest around the leaderboard...

The three users I found who had their points reset prematurely were @kleinmat4103 @russell.harris and @MunkeyMan 

After painstakingly going through users activity to try and calculate a new standings I have a new list. It is not perfect as I don’t have the time to calculate all the likes, but there was clear separation in other more impactful measurements and I believe this is what the official leaderboard would have shown - had it been working correctly

Update: I made a slight change due to a mod having a more up to date screenshot before weekly reset went haywire

1st: @russell.harris 

2nd: @kleinmat4103 

3rd: @MunkeyMan 

4th: @deanosborne 

5th: @MajorHavoc 

6th: @Jamesharris85 

7th: @stlshark 

8th: @jhartnerd123 

9th: @Arjan 

10th: @yellowdahg 

Bonus for everyone on this list: will be getting SOCKS and YETI low ball mug if you haven’t already won them

If anyone has any issues with this or believe the rankings are wrong please message me and I’ll see what I can do as I want to make this right. 

We’re now entering the last week and I will now grab screenshots Sunday before Noon so there is hopefully no more issues. 🤞

After the contest is finished I will be DM all of you that won prizes you let you know of everything you have won and will be collecting shipping addresses.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Awesome, thanks Tyler!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Sorry to hear you are having to deal with so many issues @TylerM . I do appreciate all of the work you are putting in to make things right for those who had their points reset. Honestly, I am surprised I made it to 7th this week. I also appreciate the extra little prizes you are throwing in. I think I already have some socks won, but the Yeti will be great to have!

Hoping this week I can pull off the Webroot license! I have some extra personal devices that could use the protection. Best of luck to everyone on the final week of the competition. Looking forward to all the content. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I just wanna call out how amazing @TylerM is - he went above and beyond to pull this together despite a platform glitch out of our control.

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Great job @TylerM.

Thanks for making things right and trying to fix it. 

Cheers

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Cool! Many thanks @TylerM

All your hard work is appreciated

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Great work Tyler and as always, your choices of gifs are on point, I salute you sir.

Thank you and well done to all the winners!

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Great work Tyler and as always, your choices of gifs are on point, I salute you sir.

Thank you and well done to all the winners!

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

I also had a screen shot button is earlier than the one you posted. But the order looks the same. 

Congrats to all the winners. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

ngl. I was a bigger fan of the original release of these rankings. 😁

That said, I want to commend @TylerM for the work he put into making the best of a bad situation. It was a tough spot to be in with so much uncertainty around the last few hours of the contest. It was also a crappy way to start the week. Kudos for slogging through it.

Appreciate you running this contest and the work you’re doing to build this community.

Congrats to all the winners.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Fix. I think your original post should stand. ;-) 

Thanks for your hard work on this. It certainly has got us more engadged which was the whole point. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

FYI, I agree, Tyler’s results were more recent. I was just posting a data point, not the end results. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Obviously I prefer the updated table so am more than appreciative with @TylerM efforts!