Sticky News

Welcome to the new Webroot Community!

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

Introducing the brand-new Webroot Community!

So much has changed yet so much remains the same. Our mission is to provide a virtual meeting space where Webroot users and cybersecurity enthusiasts can learn, share, and connect. With the launch of our improved community, the Webroot Community Team and I will be able to do this even better.

Before you dive into the threads and start asking questions or posting new and exciting topics, there are a few things you need to know. We created a few helpful articles and step-by-step tutorials to get you started:

How to Login

If you already have a Webroot Community account, click here.
If you’re new and haven’t created a Webroot Community account, click here.

Once Logged in Successfully

Double check that your profile and signature are setup how you want it.
Subscribe to the categories/sub-forums. Simply click on the subscription button in the upper-right corner of each sub-forum.
Click around the new community. If you notice any issues or come up with a problem, let us know!

Getting Started

We will be updating our Getting Started Guide constantly with helpful tutorials, instructions, tips, and more to ensure that you hit the ground running. Be sure to bookmark or subscribe to this article to stay up to date.

We’re so happy that you’re here to continue this journey with us that started over 7 years ago. If you have any questions about the new community, please don’t hesitate to ask the team via a private message or post your question here.

Welcome to the new Webroot Community!

69 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Congratulations on your launch of the new Webroot Community. 😉
Hi
Nice to see you again.
Also, I miss Notification Feed, which was a page which notified you of any new replies to threads in which you are participating (as well as any kudos you have received). That was a very useful page. Is it possible with inSided?
Userlevel 7
smith2006 wrote:

Congratulations on the launching of the new community!!

If I may ask, what happens to the beta program we joined previously.

They do not seem to be listed anymore.

Thank you!

I asked about that on the closed forum. Webroot is rebuilding the beta forums at this time for the new forum. Give them a little time to get it all together for this forum.

HTH
Dave
Userlevel 7
I find this new forum software tormenting/excruciating at best. IMO it's like looking through binoculars from the wrong end.

Userlevel 7
MajorHavoc wrote:

Nice new look, but like anything new, it will take some time to get used to its little issues. For one thing, it has a LOT of empty or wasted space, and sadly, I do not like the mobile version at all.

And where did the Beta forum go?
And I used to be listed as a "Community Guide", and now I am listed as a Popular Voice. What changed?

Speed bumps I hope.

The Beta groups need to be rebuilt and I'm not sure of the reason but maybe @LLiddell can add more.

They can also fix your account back to Community Guide and Lara will see this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +44
bjm_ wrote:

Knowledge Base articles coming back ?

Yes, the KB articles are on the site but we are working to make accessing them much easier.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
They're kind of scattered, we're working to bring them all into one section so it makes more sense. Should look similar to the Malware Manifesto part of the site, basically all of them will have one home and we will provide a breakdown of different products so it's easier to hunt them down within that new home.
Userlevel 6
Badge +19
ProTruckDriver wrote:

smith2006 wrote:

Thank you!

I asked about that on the closed forum. Webroot is rebuilding the beta forums at this time for the new forum. Give them a little time to get it all together for this forum.

HTH
Dave

Thank you for sharing this information. 👍🏻
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
TripleHelix wrote:

The Beta groups need to be rebuilt and I'm not sure of the reason but maybe @LLiddell can add more.

They can also fix your account back to Community Guide and Lara will see this.

Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Muddy7 wrote:

Muddy7 wrote:

Another apparent little bug to be ironed out (unless I am missing something?): after posting I can go on to edit my post but then, I can find no way to post what I have edited!

I'm stumped! How does one post an edit? It seems some others have cracked this. I haven't.

Help!

It could be the Browser or one of the Browser add-ons, so try a different Browser and or disable some add-ons that could affect this site as i see no issue. EDIT added 😛
Knowledge Base articles coming back ?
Userlevel 5
Badge +19
LLiddell wrote:

We can put in a request for what you are describing, however the current standing is however inSided has designed it. We control very little when it comes to features as mentioned above.

It would great to add a feature like what I suggested. However, I understand if it isn't possible. I develop user interfaces and sites, so I understand that some features just aren't possible to get into the design. Especially if someone else is the designer, and it sounds like someone else is behind the design. Not that you don't have input, but you have to pay the bill for them to make changes. Those bills usually aren't cheap either. Good luck, and if you need any suggestions, feel free to message me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
NicCrockett wrote:

LLiddell wrote:

We can put in a request for what you are describing, however the current standing is however inSided has designed it. We control very little when it comes to features as mentioned above.

It would great to add a feature like what I suggested. However, I understand if it isn't possible. I develop user interfaces and sites, so I understand that some features just aren't possible to get into the design. Especially if someone else is the designer, and it sounds like someone else is behind the design. Not that you don't have input, but you have to pay the bill for them to make changes. Those bills usually aren't cheap either. Good luck, and if you need any suggestions, feel free to message me.

I do really appreciate the insight though, and it is possible to use the email notification in lieu of a dedicated notification page. As for now that is the method we are using, along with subscribing to sections of the Community you find to be most valuable.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
LLiddell wrote:

NicCrockett wrote:

LLiddell wrote:

I do really appreciate the insight though, and it is possible to use the email notification in lieu of a dedicated notification page. As for now that is the method we are using, along with subscribing to sections of the Community you find to be most valuable.

I will add a plus 1 for NicCrocket's alert notification idea as their are days where I see way too many alerts in my inbox, which is already flooded with emails anyway. I appreciate you passing on the request.

But I'll add one more: Alerts on some schedule (like 30 minutes, hourly, daily, etc) so that a number of them are put together as a list into a single email. At least that could cut down the number of emails.

Thanks
Um, is there a way to fix broken Community links (2 years ago) for example:
https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-antivirus-12/question-about-heuristics-275763#post275766
Userlevel 7
All 3 links in Sherry's post (2 years ago) bring me back to the Community "Home Page"

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Should-Default-User-Settings-include-Warn-not-Enable-Max/m-p/269643/highlight/true#M27761

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/question-concerning-heuristic-settings
/m-p/185984/highlight/true#M13093

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/What-do-the-heuristics-options-in-my-Advanced-Settings-actually/m-p/250180/highlight/true#M8951
Userlevel 5
Badge +19
All three of the links that @ProTruckDriver posted follow the same rules that I posted in my last post.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Oh you're right, ok, I'll submit a ticket into support with inSided. Those should successfully redirect.
LLiddell wrote:

bjm_ wrote:

Um, is there a way to fix broken Community links (2 years ago) for example:
https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-antivirus-12/question-about-heuristics-275763#post275766

Seems to be working ok for myself, maybe I'm missing something.

above links land on https://community.webroot.com/#M27761 for me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Right, I made a ticket with support so we can figure out what's going on there.
Userlevel 5
Badge +19
I'm taking some guesses because I can't see the old community, but I think this is how the old link breaks down:

• https://community.webroot.com/ - The main domain.
  • t5/ - I believe this was an id for the specific forum in the community.
  • Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/ - This is the name of the specific forum in the community.
  • Should-Default-User-Settings-Include-Warn-not-Enable-Max/ - Name user gave thread when it was created.
  • m-p/ - I'm not sure what this is referencing.
  • 269643/ - Id given to thread by forum when thread was created.
  • highlight/ - I'm not sure what this is referencing, but I believe it told the community to highlight a specific post in the thread.
  • true#M27761 - I believe this also is what told the community to highlight a specific post. In this case, it was either post M27761 or 27761.
Full link used above: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Should-Default-User-Settings-include-Warn-not-Enable-Max/m-p/269643/highlight/true#M27761

I reviewed this post in the new community and there isn't a post with the number in my last point. I'm guessing the new community renumbered the reply posts. If I'm correct, you're going to find it very difficult to reestablish these links.

If you can't reestablish these links, you might try an auto redirect that removes the /highlight/true#M123456. You'll have to accommodate for at 4 and 5 digits after the M, maybe more and less. In the examples given above, I can see at least those two variations. I will admit that this is a bad solution because these links pointed users to specific answers to their problems. By redirecting to the main thread, you lose that information making it harder for your users to find what they need. I would only use this as a last resort.

Good Luck!

Userlevel 5
Badge +22
really good job ! now why not some overhaul on the ws gui ?
Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Thank you!

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings