More awards for Webroot
February was a good month for outside recognition. In addition to several awards for product efficacy, we were especially proud for individual Webroot contributors to be recognized for their commitment to going above and beyond for our customers.
Webroot earned a AAA rating for Small Business Endpoint Protection Oct-Dec 2020 from SE Labs. Two Webroot products were also named to Expert Insights' "Best-Of" category: Webroot Business Endpoint Protection and Webroot Security Awareness Training. Rounding out our awards for the February edition of What's New, we're honored to announce that we've taken home four Stevie awards for Outstanding Customer Service.
From the Carbonite side
Our data backup experts at Carbonite churned out a couple of great webinars in February, touching on how small business data is at risk and the top reasons for backing up Microsoft 365 data. You can access the webinars any time through the links below.
- Your Business Data is at Risk – Learn the most common causes of data loss, why relying on the Recycle Bin or OneDrive isn’t enough, and what you can do to protect your organization’s essential data.
- Top 10 Reasons to Back Up Your Microsoft 365 Data – Never lose a file in Microsoft 365 again! Learn why backing up is essential for this critical productivity tool and why native tools may not be enough to protect against common sources of data loss.
The month’s Webroot Security Awareness Training releases
Improvements and updates once again came to Webroot Security Awareness Training in February.
- New IP address for training emails. Using separate IP addresses for training emails and phishing simulations helps to improve our email deliverability. See our updated guidance on how to configure Microsoft Exchange/M365, Proofpoint Essentials and G Suite Gmail to accept our emails.
- More domains for sending training emails. When customizing a training invite in the Webroot console, there are now more domains to choose from as the sender address.
- Button to download a list of all courses. The content library in the Webroot console now has a button to download a CSV file containing details on available courses.
- Bug fix for reminder emails. An issue was fixed where users would keep getting reminders despite completing the course. This affected only some courses.
NSA recommends new DNS privacy standard
DNS over HTTPs (DoH) is being eagerly adopted by tech giants across the industry. While the new standard could be seen as sacrificing security for privacy, the country’s foremost cybersecurity agency is recommending its adoption.