What's New at Webroot: January 2021

• 20 January 2021
  • 8 replies
What's New at Webroot: January 2021
Userlevel 7
Badge +48

Webroot awarded honors by PCMag, CRN in January

Two of the web’s most respected publications recognized Webroot for its innovation to start the new year. PCMag named Webroot the winner of the best security suite for the home, calling it “a brand that PCMag readers truly rally around, year after year.” On the business side, CRN listed Webroot among its "25 Hottest Edge Security Companies" for innovations in network protection and user security training.

Webroot® Security Awareness Training Release Notification

This month’s release brings new additions to the content library for both training courses and phishing email templates. Alongside the latest course from NINJIO, the WSAT team is proud to introduce our latest home-grown course, titled Common Phishing Attacks: Don’t Get Reeled In. The new Webroot course delivers a concise description of a broad range of modern phishing attacks. In the course, learners get a look behind the scenes to better understand what makes these attacks effective and learners are taught simple tips to help them detect and defeat phishing attacks. The eight email phishing templates in this release cover COVID stimulus, social media, and various updates and fixes.

What’s being released?

Eight email phishing templates covering:

• COVID-19 stimulus legislation     
  • Social media     
  • Updates and bug fixes

Two new courses:

• Common Phishing Attacks: Don’t Get Reeled In     
  • Wire Fraud

Details:

Product Name

Webroot Security Awareness Training

Release Date

January 15, 2021

Build Version

APP v9.0; API v9.0; UI v5.0

Customer

WSAT customers and Webroot Sales

Status

Available now

Webroot releases the results of a wide-ranging phishing study among MSPs

Webroot recently surveyed more than 200 MSPs around the world to gauge their phishing awareness and learn about their clicking habits. The results show that, while there's a long way to go in building awareness around phishing as a threat, some progress is being made.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Always great news. Thanks for the 2021 January What’s New. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

LONG TIME WEBROOT USER 1ST TIME DOING THIS. IM NOT THAT COMPUTER SAVVY, BUT HAVE A NIGHTMARE ON MY HANDS WITH A UMX ANDRIOD PHONE.SOME HACKER FOR UNKNOWN REASONS HAVE BEEN A THRON IN MY SIDE FOR APPOX A YEAR NOW.MANY TROJANS,AND UNCLASSIFED APPS APPEARING ON MY APP LIST.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Waiting for feedback

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Waiting for feedback

Please don’t type in all capitals!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Talked to Webroot Tech yesterday,he stated my android phone model is factory put together with virus's installed.This is a Sprint phone called UMX. EVEN A FACTORY RESET WOULD ONLY PUT SPAM, AUTO APPS, VIRUS,ETC BACK ON PHONE.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Talked to Webroot Tech yesterday,he stated my android phone model is factory put together with virus's installed.This is a Sprint phone called UMX. EVEN A FACTORY RESET WOULD ONLY PUT SPAM, AUTO APPS, VIRUS,ETC BACK ON PHONE.

Sounds about right: https://www.zdnet.com/article/unremovable-malware-found-preinstalled-on-low-end-smartphone-sold-in-the-us/

Userlevel 3
Badge

I was having a nightmare with my Android Ultimate Mobile Experience (Android Go Edition). Went to those exact words above and saw a video on the root problem of factory made inbeded spam, Trojans,apps on autopilot etc. Followed directions from video and ra-la no more nightmare for now. We will see how it goes.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22

congrats to all the people at webroot