WSA version 9.0.0.64 officially compatible with Windows 10

Show first post

52 replies

I now have WINDOWS 10 & have a new email ( edited out for privacy reasons)
PLEASE CORRECT YOUR RECORDS ACCORDINGLY.  Thank you.  Marilyn Birr
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Please contact support to make these changes.

Kind Regards
Badge +1
Still can't access Webroot on Microsoft Edge. I have latest WSA version, but can't get it to appear on screen so I can log in. Any help ?
you guys rock
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Still can't access Webroot on Microsoft Edge. I have latest WSA version, but can't get it to appear on screen so I can log in. Any help ?
Would you mind contacting support?  We want to get any issues with the new version documented so we can fix them as soon as possible:
http://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact
jon
Badge +1
Contacted support and Edge does not have extension for WSA. 

Why not just post this on here instead of letting all the " newbies" run around like headless chickens !
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:

Why not just post this on here instead of letting all the " newbies" run around like headless chickens !
Good to know - sorry about that, wasn't informed about it.  But now that I know I can help the newbies out 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Good to know - sorry about that, wasn't informed about it.  But now that I know I can help the newbies out :)
Sorry I'm late to the conversation it's true Edge doen't allow add-ons at this time it might in the future but it still works on IE11 see here:

Thanks,

Daniel ;)

Need to know if you have install windows 10 to my home computer?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
We don't push any Windows updates on you. If your machine has upgraded to Windows 10 then it must have been a Microsoft prompt that you agreed to.
Thanks
Right clicking my Webroot icon in the system tray does not show an option for "check for updates"?
WSA version 9.0.0.64 offically caompatible with windows 10
I installed the new Windows 10 on July 29th.  How in the world can I get my webroot icon pinned on the toolbar of either my explorer page, my google page or my mozilla firefox page.  I've been trying for 2 days and have not been sucessful.  My husband got it pinned to the toolbar of my old windows 8.1, but he can't seem to get it on the toolbar in the new Windows 10 either.
Userlevel 7
Hi mzola

Welcome to the Community Forums?

Are you referring to getting the WSA icon appearing in the Notification area?  If so then please check the setting for this as follows:

Click on 'Advanced Settings' in the top right hand corner of the main app panel and on the panel displayed check to see if the 'Show a system tray icon' option is checked.  If it is not then check it, and click on 'Save', enter the CAPTCHA code requested and close WSA. Check to see if the icon has reappeared.  If the option is checked, uncheck it, click on 'Save', enter the CAPTCHA code requested, then check the option, and click on 'Save' and close WSA. Check to see if the icon has reappeared.

Let us know if that has helped. Alternatively you will need to check whether Windows 10 is setup to show these icons.  TO do that Open 'Settings' and click on the System icon.

Then Click on 'Notifications & action's on the left side, and click' on the 'Select which icons appear on the taskbar' link under the 'Quick actions' section on the right. 
 Either do the next step for All On or the following one for Selected items:

To Always show all icons in the notification area turn on 'Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area' at the top and close Settings OR to select which icons appear on the taskbar notification area; turn off 'Always show all icons in the notification area', and then turn 'On' (show) or 'Off' (hide) each icon listed as to how you want them to appear on the taskbar notification area, and close Settings.

Hopefully something in the rambling reply above has helped? Regards, Baldrick. 
Badge +1
Hi  Mzola are you referring to the webroot symbol you click on then log in with your password ? ( its greyed out before you log in ?)

In Firefox click the three grey bars top right corner, click add ons, look for Webroot in EXTENSIONS make sure it is enabled, also click the small wheel symbol and click check for updates, ( I had to do this twice) this should restore your log in symbol.
Userlevel 7
Hi mzola

Apologies, and please disregard my last post as I misread what you were refering to.

Following on to what Simonaitch posted, please see here in realtion to extensions and the MS browser in Windows 10, i.e. Edge...there is a know issue with it in terms of extension in general at present.

In relation to your Firefox & Chrome please this sometimes does happen and to try to resolve it you can try running the Toolbarfix tool.  You can download it for here.  Once downloaded launch it by clicking on the executable, and you should see the following, if then that is fine and you should click on 'Run':

which should then take you to the following dialog:

on which you should choose/check the option 'Repair/Install the Webroot Toolbar' and then press 'Start'.

That should initiate the fix process and you just have to wait for it to finish, close the dialog and then check in your browser to see if the Password Manager Toolbar icon is now visible.  If the fix has been successful you should see the following greyed out icon in a toolbar at the top of the IE browser page:

One then double clicks on that so that the login dialog is presented, etc. (Please note that I am using IE in the screen shot but the same should apply re. Firefox and Chrome).

Please check the above out and come back if anything is not clear or if it does not help/respond to your query.  ANd again, apologies for my initial post...completely got the wrong end of the stick there...:( :$

Regards, Baldrick
Sounds like it's going to be transparent. Good, I don't like tripping over things on my computer
My WSA software version is 9.0.1.35 and I'm about to upgrade to Windows 10,will my software version work fine?
I checked for updates by right clicking on the system tray but it says that I have the latest version 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Installed on the 30th of July! Awesomeness!! It works just fine for now! The only problem I am having is getting the Webroot Password Manager icon to the New :Edge Browser? I'm still messing around with it.
Userlevel 7
Hi rodrix

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You are running the latest release channel version of WSA, and therefore should be good to go as you are. v9.01.36 is the beta channel version and so will only be available to beta tester, and will be automatically release to all users when ready.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hi Slittle75

I would not waste too much time if any messing around with Edge and the Webtroot extensions as there is a known (Microsoft) issue in this area.

For further information please read this KB Article on the topic.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Thank you sir i see what you mean now! Have a great day and again Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Hi Slittle75

No worries...you are most welcome.  If you have not subscribed to the thread I recommended to you then I would as I suspect that it will be updated as we know more about Microsofts's and Webroott's plans in relation to this issue. ;)

Regards, Baldrick