WSA version 9.0.0.64 officially compatible with Windows 10

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 6752 replies
We've received word from Microsoft that WSA version 9.0.0.64 has received approval to be officially compatible with Windows 10.  That means that there shouldn't be any more Program Compatibility Assistant warnings when upgrading or installing on Windows 10.  We won't support WSA on Windows 10 until the release date, but for those of you on the Windows 10 beta, please let us know on the community if you run into any issues.

The WSA 9.0.0.64 update is a rolling update - if you haven't received the update by the time you plan on upgrading to Windows 10, then you can force an update by right-clicking on the system tray Webroot icon and selecting "Check for updates".

52 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you Nic!

That's really awesome to hear!

I certainly will let Webroot know if I have any incompatible issues! So far Beta is running good!
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Memory leak explorer.exe again :@
~300 Mb 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Are you referring to the issue discussed in this thread? https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Explorer-exe-using-up-to-300mb-RAM/m-p/60523

If so that's a side effect of windows new memory management and not an actual memory leak.
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
@ wrote:

If so that's a side effect of windows new memory management and not an actual memory leak.
I don't think so
Windows 10 Build 10166
After installing Webroot - Explorer.exe memory consumption increases to ~ 300Mb
Without installed Webroot - no such problems
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yeah that's the issue discussed in the thread I linked to - it's normal behavior and part of how Microsoft does their memory allocation now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

I don't think so
Windows 10 Build 10166
After installing Webroot - Explorer.exe memory consumption increases to ~ 300Mb
Without installed Webroot - no such problems
Microsoft Finely fixed it in the end for Win 8.1 x64 so we wait again for Win 10 x64 see here: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Explorer-exe-using-up-to-300mb-RAM/td-p/60523/page/33 so it's not really WSA's fault.

Daniel 😠
if i have any question onwindow10 i let you know
You guys rock!
@ wrote:
We've received word from Microsoft that WSA version 9.0.0.64 has received approval to be officially compatible with Windows 10.  That means that there shouldn't be any more Program Compatibility Assistant warnings when upgrading or installing on Windows 10.  We won't support WSA on Windows 10 until the release date, but for those of you on the Windows 10 beta, please let us know on the community if you run into any issues.

The WSA 9.0.0.64 update is a rolling update - if you haven't received the update by the time you plan on upgrading to Windows 10, then you can force an update by right-clicking on the system tray Webroot icon and selecting "Check for updates".

I trust webroot to keep my PC adventures safe.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
You guys rock!

@ wrote:
I trust webroot to keep my PC adventures safe.
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Always see here: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Techie/Everyone-ready-for-Windows-10-beginning-tomorrow-July-29-2015/m-p/210072#M8462

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 3
VERY happy to hear this. I am scheduled to get the upgrade, but I was NOT going to install it until I knew that Webroot was compatible. Thanks for the head's up!
Hi Nic,

The version currently running on my machine is 9.0.1.35. Is this version also officially blessed by Microsoft for Win10? If not, how to do I get 9.0.0.64 installed? When I check for updates it says the latest version is already installed.

BR,
Scott
Userlevel 7
Badge +56

Yes it is, any v9 versions are Win 10 compatible!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Excellent. Thank you!
haven't a clue what i'm doing here
Userlevel 7
Badge +56

Have a look here to see if it helps: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Techie/Everyone-ready-for-Windows-10-beginning-tomorrow-July-29-2015/m-p/210072#M8462 unless you have another issue or question?

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
I am t now downloading operating system 10. Not complete yet.
GREAT!!
Thank you! Glad you let us know now before it came out, To be honest, I had not thought that far ahead
Thank you for your help with window 10 installment
Heard about the offer of free dowload of Windows 10 from the IT presented on 774 3Lo Radio in Melbourne.  With Windows 2007, interested in getting Windows 10 but will wait for a bit before i do.  Love to hear the pro's and cons coming through on this subject.

Cheers, 
Shir21
Thank you Nic, I am a computer dummy so I may need help now & then.
Windows 10 was installed yesterday, so far everything is OK.
I installed Windows 10 yesterday afternoon, so I'm glad to see that Webroot will be updated as well. I hadn't thought about that when I was updating my system, so I'm grateful that Webroot has my back. This is just another reason why I am 100% loyal to Webroot and always recommend it to everyone I know. :cathappy: