WSA version 9.0.0.64 officially compatible with Windows 10

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 6752 replies
We've received word from Microsoft that WSA version 9.0.0.64 has received approval to be officially compatible with Windows 10.  That means that there shouldn't be any more Program Compatibility Assistant warnings when upgrading or installing on Windows 10.  We won't support WSA on Windows 10 until the release date, but for those of you on the Windows 10 beta, please let us know on the community if you run into any issues.

The WSA 9.0.0.64 update is a rolling update - if you haven't received the update by the time you plan on upgrading to Windows 10, then you can force an update by right-clicking on the system tray Webroot icon and selecting "Check for updates".

52 replies

i'm trying to download windows 10. the program or whatever just told me that I have to uninstall WRA before downloading W10..... I just looked online and WSA wasnt compatible with 10, two years ago..... Then I found the updated post about it being compatible. Well, I can't download W10 without deleting WRA.  I just checked my WRA for what verison I had,  *** 9.0.18.38*** ..... is this not the latest update ? I'm confused on what to do.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
i'm trying to download windows 10. the program or whatever just told me that I have to uninstall WRA before downloading W10..... I just looked online and WSA wasnt compatible with 10, two years ago..... Then I found the updated post about it being compatible. Well, I can't download W10 without deleting WRA.  I just checked my WRA for what verison I had,  *** 9.0.18.38*** ..... is this not the latest update ? I'm confused on what to do.
Yes WSA is compatible with Windows 10 and even with the new Fall Creators Update that just came out: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Techie/What-s-new-in-the-Windows-10-Fall-Creators-Update/td-p/303949 if it tells you to uninstall just do that and after installing Windows 10 just reinstall WSA.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Daniel 😉