New

Ability to import devices and assign users via csv

Badge +1
It would be nice to be able to import mobile devices with the users, or at least import devices and assign to users.
In the mean time, if we could paste the phone number into a single field instead of 3 fields, that would also greatly speed things up.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +19
If you are going to make the field a single field instead of 3 fields I suggest using an input mask in the field. This way users know that they still need to enter a certain set of numbers and displays the numbers in a visually appealing and easy to read way. I've got a jquery script I found online that can do the input mask. If you want to get in touch with me I'll give you a copy of it. The only thing you'll need to do on the back end is validate the input and write only the numbers to your database.

The script also allows for extensions if you want and can be used for the zip code field as well. In the case of phone numbers it will display like this when their cursor is in the field. (___) ___-____ x_____ This can equal a phone number like (910) 555-4567 x12345 and you can make the extension required or not. A zip code would look like this, _____, which would equal 90210 or you could use, _____-____, which would equal 90210-1234 for zip plus 4. You could make the plus 4 not required. You can use this script for any number field and I think even some other stuff. However, I can't get to the site at the moment, so I can't see the examples.

I'm just offering a script I happen to have. Whether you use it or not is up to you, either way you should use some kind of input mask.

Good Luck!

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings