New

Accurate Scan History Time

• 5 November 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

I realize that DST or Daylight Saving Time isn’t used everywhere and is even different in some locations. However, when you view the Scan History date and time this should be irrelevant. If Webroot is keeping a database of when the an endpoint was scanned, it should be a simple display of the record in the database. That is if Webroot is keeping a simple record of when scans happen. I’m taking a guess here, but it appears Webroot is creating a database record in UTC time and translating it on the fly when they display it to the user on the GSM Endpoint Protection Console. If Webroot is going to do this, they need to factor in DST. Take the example below. DST was this past weekend and the endpoint always scans at noon. All the entries prior to DST now display as 11 AM instead of 12 PM. The one record that shows as 12 PM is the first scan after the DST change.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

I’m going to guess that this issue exists throughout the entire GSM Endpoint Protection Console. Here’s another example of the Command Log where an entry was at 7:52 AM. I bring this one specifically to attention, because I’m working with support on an issue and I listed this entry as 8:52 AM in my support ticket. You can see how this might cause confusion to the user and support when the time shifts. In fact I was thrown off at first glance just now, because I knew I wasn’t at work yet to send the command.