New

Add Carbonite within Webroot SecureAnywhere instead of current Backup services

• 1 January 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Replace current Backup services in Webroot with Carbonitye and unify the logins acxross both Carbonite and Webroot for easy management and integration. Also create unified webroot subscriptions that has option with highier plans to have a same equal amount of seats for a carbote for end points. Eg: 3 webropot seats = 3 carbonite endpoint seats. 

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hey @meservo ,

Thanks for the suggestion! I can’t say anything specific regarding the Webroot/Carbonite merger and which features will surface as a result. However, I do know that I’ve heard a few people internally talking about the possibility of something similar to this happening somewhere down the road. I’m sure it will be a big announcement if it ever comes to fruition, so keep your eyes out!

-Keenan

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@khumphrey 

It's kind of the same when Google buys new pieces of software that will change the account management to single account. Just makes things easier to manage and also to resell like in my circumstance through our distributors.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@meservo ,

I completely understand and agree with you. To my knowledge, the product teams of both companies are seriously looking at the potential of this kind of “software merge” that we’re discussing. I don’t have any timelines or anything concrete, but I can say that the likelihood is high given enough time. 

After all, we only fully completed the Carbonite/Webroot merger a couple weeks ago ;)

-Keenan

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@khumphrey 

Good to know. 

But this should be a priority order 1

To standardize authentication system across both platforms for convenience.

Then integrate with each other. 

Eg: Ransomware infection, Webroot activates a saved Carbonite backup of the endpoint after an infection and user can get back to normal. 

Then also the licencing. Having per user, per month Carbonite/Webroot bundles would be great, so I can just resell seats for both.