Complete

Block Removable Media

• 30 May 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
I didn't see a previous request about this so I apologize in advance for re-creating a thread. Recently, I've had more and more of our clients asking for the ability to block removable media (USB thumb drives in particular). I've always created a GP for this which fits my needs for now but recently learned that a competitor product AV has this feature. I'm also aware of other third-party applications but if anyone has worked with a compliance client before (ITAR, DFARS, HIPAA), they know all the fun hoops you have to jump through to get these to work. I was wondering if Webroot is looking into the prospects of adding this feature or a more dynatic control? I know it can be a pain but would be lovely to have this feature at a quick click of a button.

Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 1
I guess that would be a pretty useful feature to have!
R&D , Health and Financial sectors customers would love to have this functionality available for sure.
I am also very interested in seeing this implemented. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Thank you for your suggestion, this has been closed due to a lack of kudos from other community members. Please feel free to start a discussion and submit a new feature request if there is additional interest from other members. Thank you! 
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Thank you for the suggestion.  In fact, we have been looking into this functionality.   It's in the backlog!
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Maybe you should re-open this feature request and do it......my customers are requesting this....it works i Kaspersky Lab which we are moving away from, into Webroot.