Complete

Client update failure should be a trouble condition and alert

• 9 January 2015
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
If a client is set to update itself in its policy, and it checks in, and it's unable to update itself, this should be a trouble condition. They should not display as Protected on the client. If a client is unable to update, this indicates a potential malware infection or protection issue. There is no standard by which a computer in this condition should be considered Protected.

Looping update failures can cause serious CPU, bandwidth, and hard drive storage problems. I've found clients with 5000 attempts to upgrade itself that ate the whole 150GB HDD whose user have just lived with because they thought their computer was just slow.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Thank you for your suggestion, this has been closed due to a lack of kudos from other community members. Please feel free to start a discussion and submit a new feature request if there is additional interest from other members. Thank you! 

I am also having a problem with update the client now. My version of WRSA stuck on 9.0.28.39 (Windows 8.1) but on another PC I have 9.0.28.48 version (Windows 7). When I click “Check for software updates” I got the message:

You are currently using the newest SecureAnywhere software…

The WRSA client of course has the “Protected“ status.

I have the same opinion as the author has, this is not a healthy situation.