Complete

Close Webroot protection with password

• 14 December 2016
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Hello Support Team,
it would be possible to implement the use of a password (chosen by the administrator of the site/console) to disable Webroot protection.
Currently, through policy, you can only enable or disable the ability to close Webroot and if it is enable out a random chapta code when you try to close the protection.
Thanks for reading.

Daniele

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +24
This is one I've requested for a long time, with a setting that reenables Webroot after a period of being temporarily disabled (e.g., 15 minutes), as that's a much better idea than shutting it down (too easy for an admin to forget to reenable it).
Our company currently uses Kaspersky Endpoint 10, and we're now evaluating other options looking for something more modern with a thin lightweight agent and web management. We're doing a small trial of Webroot and had so far been very impressed. Unfortunately for us, being able to secure the "Disable Protection" option directly from the users desktop with a password is a requirement. Frankly I'm shocked this software is as popular as it is and yet lacks this extremely basic and necessary feature.

Our environment is one of many 'techy' engineers who feel they know best and will immediately disable their endpoint protection if given the option. However we also have an in-house software development team who write custom apps, and heavily modify existing software. Our Helpdesk techs must have the ability to quickly shutdown endpoint protection from the desktop for installs and troubleshooting, and immediately re-enable it when finished.

Nothing would make me happier than a modern, web managed, thin agent, endpoint protection that's able to replace the ancient bloated enterprise giants of the AV industry such as Symantec and Kaspersky. But if you want to contend with and beat the old enterprise players, you've got to have some basic enterprise features.

I would bet if this feature were implemented, that well over 60%, probably closer to 70% of existing customers would opt to use it, if they knew it was made available. I can also assure you it would help in getting customers to switch from their current provider.
Hey another 2 cents here. We need this feature ASAP.

it will help a lot. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Thank you for the suggestion.  In fact, we have been looking into this functionality.   It's in the backlog!
Badge +1
Thank you for the suggestion. In fact, we have been looking into this functionality. It's in the backlog!

I would love to know where they are with this in the pipeline.