Complete

ConnectWise Automate Integration - Stale Agents

• 30 May 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Please change the stale agents monitor so that it takes into account devices that have been offline.

If a device is offline for 30 days then I expect that WebRoot is stale for 30 days and I don't therefore want an alert from a monitor.

If a device is online but not updated for 30 days then I would expect it to alert.

The current setup means I'll have to disable the monitor as it is useless.  I've checks in place for ConnectWise agents not being used and it alerts if they've not reported.  I don't want alerts that a device is simply offline and not updating since I expect that.  I can also audit agents and delete if they've been decomissioned.

If you need to alert this way, at least add an option to ignore offline agents in the calculation.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
We appreciate your suggestion and have taken it into consideration. We are working on a complete transformation of the alerts and reporting functionality, which we are currently planning to release towards the end of 2018. Once that update has been rolled out, we will look forward to hearing your thoughts on the new functionality. Thank you!
Badge

I know this is an old post but any chance we can get an update on this? I still see tickets being created for Automate Agents that are offline and therefore creating an unnecessary ticket.

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi  kjvincent1979_bwitMahlon & others who voted for this feature update, thank you for your input.  This feature update is now added to the backlog and we hope to have it part of the Version 3.3 release next year.  

Hi @ngoknel 

Why is this marked as Complete?

This is still not an option in the Automate plugin.

All we want is that this Stale Agent alert (which is a good alert by the way) not to be triggered if the device has been offline for the X amount of days this alert is set to monitor.

Use case: Customer might have some spare Laptops or desktops (with webroot and other applications installed), but might not use it for months at times.

Regards,

Elemer

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Elemer,

I think we may have jumped the gun when we marked this topic complete.  However, version 3.3 of the Automate plugin has been available via our support department for some time, which has updated the way the Stale Agents monitor is working.  Please contact our support team to obtain the Plugin Manager compatible version link.  I would love to hear more feedback once you have tried the 3.3 plugin.

Version 3.3 is a radical re-write of the Automate plugin with new DBs, Scripts & Monitors.  A stepping stone build to get us to our next-gen plugin which will include extensive Health Check routines as well as DNS Protection integration.