Complete

Console session timeout

• 12 July 2013
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi
I think that for security reasons WSA console session timeout should be configurable. I think that should be a standard feature for any web accessed utilities. Especially when we talk about security management.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Are you looking to have it longer or shorter than the 4hrs currently being used to time out a session?
Userlevel 3
Definitely shorter in my opinion. But the option to configure it would be the best.
Userlevel 5
Community, we need your help to research the demand to make the console timout configurable.

What are your thoughts?

Security concerns?

Would you like to see increments or a blank field that can take custom user input?

Thanks agian all!
Userlevel 7
If it's easier I'd like the following timeouts selectable:

etc

Technical implementation aside, I don't see why not make this a customer-specified timeout in minutes .
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Thank you for your suggestion, this has been closed due to a lack of kudos from other community members. Please feel free to start a discussion and submit a new feature request if there is additional interest from other members. Thank you!  
For MSP service desks, typically with our RMM, PSA, Remote Connectivity, and Webroot all open at once, doing maybe 2 or 3 jobs concurrently, in a busy environment, it's a real PITA having to log in to webroot all the darned time. The other apps we typically use can be self-configured to time-out in accordance with company policy.

I'm not sure where the 4 hours came from - it seems like 1/2 an hour maybe.
I see the 4-hour remark was made 5 years ago though.