New

Copy Permissions across sites

• 28 June 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
The ability to either copy an account that exists or set account permissions to the same across all sites as opposed to the default two options of Global or Limited admin as we have some engineers who we do not want to modify and create policies but we want them to be able to support all of the sites in our portal. Manually configuring them each time we get a new engineer is a long tedious process.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24
I'm not saying @Gort133's idea is bad, but wouldn't this be better placed in the main GSM. Create the user in the GSM and give them permissions to the sites they need access to and permissions to the resources, i.e. policies, within those sites. One dashboard for site users that allows a single user access to multiple sites, but different permissions for each site. I build these types of interfaces and this is how I would do it, so this is just my opinion. I also realize that building on top of a previous interface can be difficult. Good luck Webroot!

I know I already mentioned this on a different idea @Gort133, but don't forget to vote on your idea. I wish they would auto-vote on the thread for the person who created it. After all, why are you posting it in the first place. Unfortunately, I keep having to write these reminders to posters to vote on their own ideas until they find a solution. 🤔 Great idea though!

Sincerely,
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
@NicCrockett I'm used to systems where it auto votes for your post. I voted for them after your first mention.

With that said, I would be happy if I could create their permissions at the Global level and just auto apply that same permission to each site as well. Main problem for me is that I have about 100 sites I have to manually configure each user and I can't change their email so any user name changes I have to reconfigure it for them on each site level. Tedious work that shouldn't be needed. I would love another way to do the same general concept.
Userlevel 7
Badge +24
@Gort133 I saw your vote on this thread after I posted. In other words, you can vote faster than I can type. 😂

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I suggested is what you need. This would allow you to make a single change, like email, from the GSM and it would apply to all the sites that user has access to. You wouldn't need to go into every site and make the same change 100 times.

Good Luck!
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
@NicCrockett Yea, having it at the GSM would work. Right now, my only real option is to give them Admin or View access from the GSM portal. I would love to not have to go in to all 100 sites to set the slightly different options even thought I've created them at the GSM level.
Userlevel 7
Badge +24
@Gort133, let's see if we can catch the right people's attention. 😁

@LLiddell, @freydrew, @akim, @JGiffard, @JoeJ, and any other @Webroot Team employees. @Gort133 has a solid idea that I think would greatly improve the GSM for your MSPs. Any chance of getting this on the roadmap? If it's already on the roadmap, any idea when @Gort133 and others will see it.

Sorry to bother everyone, but thanks for any help you can offer!

Sincerely,