New

Customer Self Service Portal

• 20 September 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +2
I operate as a Managed Service Provider (MSP) that sells Webroot. My MSP clients are completely managed including billing but I have a lot of prospects that don't need MSP level service but could easily be turned into virus protection customers. With this type of customer, I want to avoid the overhead of babysitting their account creation and billing by sending them to a self service portal for account creation, billing setup and Webroot virus client deployment options. This self service portal would remain available to them to manage their billing and other subscription options in the future as well. This could be a huge offering to other tech service providers that want a turn-key solution to adding a virus protection line of business to their operations.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
@sochoa,

I'm not saying this is a bad idea, but I'm just trying to understand it. If I understand what you want, you are asking for Webroot to create a self service portal for your customers to sign-up and maintain their accounts. If Webroot does this, why do your customers need you? Why wouldn't they just sign-up for Webroot as a business themselves?

Again, if I'm misunderstanding you, I'm sorry. However, based on your description, this is what it sounds like you are asking for. If I'm right, then I'm protecting you from losing clients. If I'm wrong, then I'm sorry for misinterpreting your idea.

Sincerely,
NicCrockett
Badge +2
The customer's would only maintain their billing in the account and do the initial install from the self service portal. The service provider would take over after that to provide protection monitoring and threat removal as part of the service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
I see, so not complete control of the Webroot GSM system. I think that sounds reasonable and is a good idea, you've got my vote. There's one issue I see that would need to be added as well. This isn't an issue with your idea, it's just a problem that will present itself when clients have control over installing the software themselves. Clients will install more licenses then they have paid for, so there needs to be something to stop them from doing so. FYI, @gmhdi has posted an idea to fix this issue. I suggest you vote on their idea because you'll need it too.

https://community.webroot.com/submit-a-business-feature-request-30/add-functionality-to-get-notified-when-site-seats-number-has-been-reached-340301

Also, don't forget to vote on your own ideas, the system doesn't do it for you. I also forgot to welcome you to the community. Thanks for being here and bringing interesting ideas.

Sincerely,
NicCrockett