Complete

Have the web console report when an endpoint needs to be rebooted to complete malware removal

• 11 July 2014
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7
We would like to be able to fully protect all our clients' Windows servers with Webroot SecureAnywhere, as well as have the ability to control reboots. If a server gets infected with malware that needs a reboot to finish quarantining, we'd like this reported in the web console, but not reboot the server automatically. We don't log in to every server we manage on a consistent basis (some servers may go weeks or even months without being logged into), so relying on the WSA endpoint's reboot notification would not be efficient/secure.

Also it would be very helpful if there was an Alert for this condition (Endpoint needs reboot to finish malware cleanup).

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
This one's been entered in our backlog and under consideration for prioritization.
Userlevel 7
+1 this is urgently needed
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
I'd like to expand on this request a bit (and ask if there's been any progress or a status update on it).

An email alert for this condition "Threat Detected But Not Remediated" would be nice, but it would also be great if there was a corresponding registry value in the WRDataStatus key, for example "UnremediatedThreats" set to 1 or higher if manual interaction needs to be taken (reboot, manually unlock/delete some files, send diagnostic logs to Webroot Support & finish cleanup, etc.). 

This way we could use our RMM tool to audit this registry value and create a support ticket if it goes above 0.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
As far as I know, there hasn't been any development progress on this particular feature.
Userlevel 3
Can we please get an update on this?  I have haerd this request from many partners in varying degrees.

Thanks 
Userlevel 7
I've reached out for an update and will let you all know as soon as I have one.

going on 2 years, safe to say this is not happening anytime soon?
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
We are reviewing all feature requests - switching status to get it into the appropriate queue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
We appreciate your suggestion and have taken it into consideration. We are working on a complete transformation of the alerts and reporting functionality, which we are currently planning to release towards the end of 2018. Once that update has been rolled out, we will look forward to hearing your thoughts on the new functionality. Thank you!