New

Increase browser extension PUP detection.

• 6 May 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +16
It would be great if browser extension PUP detection was improved so they can be removed. I have found that Malwarebytes consistently finds browser related PUP when Webroot doesn't detect anything. It is annoying because of course whenever someone actually gets infected, it would be great if Webroot had accurate detection of browser extensions so I wouldn't need to install Malwarebytes to purge the system of everything Webroot doesn't detect. I was told by support that web browser extensions were not malicious, but that clearly isn't the case.

EDIT: Also, it's confusing why browser extensions aren't detected as PUP when one sets to detect PUP as malware in group policy expecting extensions to be included. I would also like to add that a client won't be favorable of Webroot when they see Malwarebytes finds hundreds of malicious browser extension entries, and Webroot finds nothing.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Great idea @wowwee! Don't forget to vote on your own idea. The system doesn't do it automatically for the user who submits the idea.