New

Make Full Scan scheduled option available for Sites, devices, default on Portal.

• 18 December 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

To be proactive in eliminating dormant malware, a Full Scan schedule and/or immediate feature should be made available to admins who remotely manage sites.   Executing a Full Scan and clean at least weekly provides some assurance of a clean system with nothing waiting and hiding in the shadows.  The feature should have the option to allow for reboots after any cleaning. 

Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

@FullScanner,

I think this is an interesting idea, but I wouldn’t count on it ever happening. I’ve had issues with Endpoints following their basic scan schedules that I set-up in the policies for over four years. I even suggested that they create an alert to let me know if an Endpoint was scanning. I had to submit the idea twice and they’ve now missed the time frame they said it was coming twice now. Here’s those threads if your interested:

April 24th, 2015 Post: https://community.webroot.com/submit-a-business-feature-request-30/endpoint-not-scanning-alert-198357

January 11th, 2019 Post: https://community.webroot.com/submit-a-business-feature-request-30/endpoint-not-scanning-alert-336593

I believe this is the problem with Webroot. It isn't the support staff, it's whoever is making decisions on product development. They're pushing forward with new ideas, like the recently introduced Script Shield which crippled my entire infrastructure. This is great forward thinking, however they aren't fixing the basic problems plaguing the Webroot software on a fundamental level, which might be why the Script Shield failed miserably. All of Webroot's shields have a way to turn them off, accept the Script Shield. I’ve been told that they have plans to add it later, but instead they launched the feature without this capability. They rushed development and it is costing my company productivity because our PCs don't function! Support is great, but the development team will only tell them I have to manually go to every Endpoint and boot into Safe Mode to uninstall the software and either install an older version or an untested version. Some of these are servers that I can’t take offline for 30 minutes to fix a problem they created. I even told them that the Script Shield is directly conflicting with the explorer.exe process when logging into an Endpoint. However, development says their is nothing wrong. Another funny thing is, the GSM Console has the ability to uninstall without going through all this. However, the GSM Console’s Command function has been broken for more than six months and I don’t expect a fix anytime soon.

Sorry to rant on your idea, but I wanted you to know that it is unlikely they will listen. They have their development path and they gave us this Community to feel like we were contributing. Unfortunately, I have yet to see the two overlap. However, if there is a chance that they will listen, you’ll need votes on your idea. So, don’t forget to vote on your own idea. You’ve got my vote.

Good Luck!

NicCrockett

Others who might be interested in this: @freydrew, @TripleHelix, @Muddy7, @Ssherjj, @ProTruckDriver, @Baldrick, @Jasper_The_Rasper, @BurnDaddy, @JGiffard, @Webroot Team 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thank you Nic!  I didn’t have much hope of it happening.  Now it seems less likely.

I agree with you on the Support.  The folks I’ve encountered have been wonderful!

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

By the way @FullScanner, welcome to the Community! Hope you have a great holiday break and a wonderful New Year!

Sincerely,

NicCrockett

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks Nic and you and yours too!