Accepted/In Progress

Need a report that shows detailed information on Threats to include event time, machine name, and infection.

• 17 January 2019
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Compliance Auditors look for detailed monthly reports that details the information about an infection. This report is available in the Kaseya Webroot Module referred to as Executive Report but is not able to be scheduled or emailed. [below]

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24
It would be nice to see reports like this in the SecureAnywhere Console report section.
Userlevel 4
Badge +16
If you have SQL access to Kaseya that's probably the easiest way to get that data; if it's like Automate, there's probably a set of 8 or so tables the plugin stores its info in, and one of them is named something like webroot3_threathistory. FWIW you can pull that data using the API - I've got a PoSH script that's more or less finished if you want to try it.
Badge
@AdamCMorgan - I would like to checkout the script
Userlevel 7
Badge +24
@AdamCMorgan, I wouldn't mind seeing that script too.
Userlevel 4
Badge +16
I uploaded the latest version to my Github page. Can't remember if I finished working out all the kinks - around the time I was polishing-it-off, our CW Automate integration finally started working properly, so I've since been pulling my data from there. You may have to make minor changes based on how much history you want. If you have problems with it failing to retry requests after timeout failures let me know - I've got newer and more robust error-handling syntax in some other scripts.

https://github.com/Slaggard/WebrootAPIPowerShell-Scripts/blob/master/README.md
Userlevel 7
Badge +24
Thanks @AdamCMorgan! I'll give a try when I can get time. 😉
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
It would be nice to see this on the dashboard, or at least a report.
There are some other vendors out there trying to get us to switch to them. They have easily accessible and viewable reports such as this one.
This is something more and more of our clients want to see and know about.

-Mike
Userlevel 7
Badge +24
I agree with @mjones, this should be built into the console. In fact it would be nice to see a report center where you can build your own custom reports and save them for later re-running. An example of this would be the report center within Spiceworks. With it, not only can you create custom reports, but you can automatically load widgets of them on the main dashboard page.
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
Hi, great topic and good news is that we will adding an executive style report to the GSM console in a release hopefully scheduled for Q2 2019. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +24
It'll be interesting to see what Webroot considers an "executive style report". I'm not suggesting that you'll put something bad out and usually version 1.0 of something like this isn't perfect. However, I'm envisioning a reporting dashboard where we can create and save our own reports using the fields and criteria we want. This would allow each user to create what we need and save it to run again later if it's something we'll need to run on a regular basis.

I also expect you'll provide some base reports to start with.

The ability to copy a report, whether it's a base report or one we previously created would be useful. This way if we need two reports that are similar, we can create one, copy it, and make changes to the copy.

Another feature that would be useful would be enterable criteria when you run a report. This might be a report that has one or two dates. In the backend we tell the report to request a date if it only needs one date or a beginning date if it's a range. If it's a range we would also tell it to request an end date. This way when the report is run each time, we don't have to edit the report. All we have to do is enter in some type of box you have come up the date(s) and the report plugs those in automatically.