Complete

New alert when endpoints not seen for a long period of time

• 20 August 2014
  • 42 replies

Show first post

42 replies

@How are you puting in the condition to alert if the hex value is older than 7 days?
I was just researching how to enable this feature only to find it doesn't exist and was requested over 2 years ago.
Please consider adding this feature. I need it to meet federal defense audit requirements.
I agree, this is a needed feature!

Hi Guys,
                Well come to forum site. We Secure Anywhere stopped working on several endpoints.  It is was weeks before we knew a problem actually existed, you during which time one of the PCs was actually infected with a virus.This is only reason I found out was by looking on the web console at the "Last Seen" date. We are noticed that several PCs had not been seen in weeks.

Top 5 Interactive Social Media Marketing Tools
Userlevel 1
Hi everyone,

Just to keep you updated - this is definitely on our roadmap for the near future, although this is likely to be implemented first as a report which can be run across all (or singular) sites, rather than an alert.

To ensure we provide the required functionality, what actions would you then want to perform on any returned devices?  Would you simply want to be able to deactivate these, or any other sort of actions?

Thanks,

Chris
I'm not sure there's any other actions that matter if the agent cannot be reached. The ability to deactivate one or more of the returned devices should be enough.
Anyone else have any thoughts?
Userlevel 1
That's a very valid point @ - as obviously if the endpoint is no longer reporting in, any actions you may request the device to carry out are not going to be picked up either.

Deactivation is the key action I can see being needed - as even though the device may never pick this up and uninstall, the device will be removed from any billing counts, which I can understand is critical for MSPs.

Many thanks for the response 🙂
I think the key point of this is for us to be alerted that there is a potential problem that endpoints are not checking in.  A report showing "missing" endpoints is the bare minimum that we need to be able to keep an eye on our customer machines.

To me, it's important enough that there should be an alert similar to an infection detection on the dashboard.  I should be able to log in and see at a glance that there are alerts that need to be looked at, including machines that aren't checking in on whatever timeframe we feel is appropriate.

As mentioned above, specific remedial actions are somewhat unecessary since the endpoint cannot be reached.  It's just critical that we are alerted to the missing endpoints so that we can fix it however we need to - remote in, schedule a visit, call the client, etc.
          I think the key point of this is for us to be alerted that there is a potential problem that endpoints are not checking in.  A report showing "missing" endpoints is the bare minimum that we need to be able to keep an eye on our customer machines.

To me, it's important enough that there should be an alert similar to an infection detection on the dashboard.  I should be able to log in and see at a glance that there are alerts that need to be looked at, including machines that aren't checking             in on whatever timeframe we feel is appropriate.

As mentioned above, specific remedial actions are somewhat unecessary since the endpoint cannot be reached.  It's just critical that we are alerted to the missing endpoints so that we can fix it however we need to - remote in, schedule a visit,            call the client, etc.

I second the above. This is very needed! Please update with status.
Userlevel 1
Hi!

The first phase of a new "Devices" page within GSM will be going live in the VERY near future. This will provide the capability to view a list of all devices across all sites which have "Not been seen recently".

I agree that creating an alert for such scenarios would also be a great feature, and will push for that to be included in our roadmap going forwards.

Thanks everyone for your continued comments and feedback 🙂
Userlevel 1
Just to confirm my previous comment - but this feature is now available within GSM.

Any feedback is appreciated as always! 🙂
@ I'd argue this has NOT yet been implemented. Yes, there is now the abilitly to manually generate a report that shows all devices that have not checked in recently, regardless of their site, but that is NOT what the original request was for. The request was to have an option to get an email alert when devices have not been seen after a specific number of days that we can specify.

I'm frustrated to see that the status of this request has been marked as "Implemented" when the original request has most definitely NOT been implemented. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.) 

@ would you please fix the Status of this task? And then hopefully please pass along to development that this feature is still much needed.
John_Mason wrote in the original request:

... I request a new alert be created that will e-mail the endpoint/PC name, date "Last Seen", and version fo Secure Anywhere if an endpoint has not been seen for a given number of days (that we can set on the alert). 

I agree 100% with @.  This request has NOT be implemented.  The whole point of this thread has been about a missing alert/notification.   We need Webroot to tell us via email when endpoints haven't been seen for X number of days.  It's that simple.   Until we have that functionality, this thread should NOT be labeled "implemented".  Please fix this.
Been following this thread for nearly 3 years, finally making progress.. thank you for the update. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
We are reviewing all feature requests - switching status to get it into the appropriate queue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
We appreciate your suggestion and have taken it into consideration. We are working on a complete transformation of the alerts and reporting functionality, which we are currently planning to release towards the end of 2018. Once that update has been rolled out, we will look forward to hearing your thoughts on the new functionality. Thank you!
Badge
Just to confirm my previous comment - but this feature is now available within GSM.

Any feedback is appreciated as always! :)

Hello, I am looking to use the feature and am having trouble locating it in the GSM?

Has this feature been documented ?

I wish to know when end points have not been seen for an extended period and as such would like to find and use this alert or report.