Complete

SAML support for management console logon

• 17 December 2013
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
We have more and more cloud software. Whenever possible we try to integrate accounts in the cloud via SAML to our internal Active Directory.

This will allow us to disable an account internally and it is immediately disabled on all cloud portals as well. Secondly it allows us to expand our dual factor (token) authentication for cloud console access.

There might not be high demand of this, but as cloud solutions become more common, its only a question of time until more customers will like to see SAML integration for admin access.

-philipp

4 replies

I'd like to second this - ideally this would be a full SAML implementation so we could integrate via Okta SSO, allowing me to add 2nd factor for admin logins.

THe 'secure phrase' login mechanism is very 'comsumer' - if webroot is serious about SMB or Enterprise they need to add some flecibility for admin auth and SAML is a standard that offers a lot of flexibility (and one that is not hard to implement).
LastPass can add any Apps with SAML 2.0.

From their manual : "LastPass SAML support allows you to utilize your LastPass account as the single sign on point for a growing number of domains and associated services".

In our case, LastPass helped us to manage all passwords and who access which site at enterprise wide level ;
AND as an MSP we include all sites pwds needed to manage our clients networks ;
As a Google for Work Partner, we do also use it for SSOing in all GAPPs we managed.

SAML 2.0 is simply indispensable and LastPass is simply great at managing password and sites access at wide scale.

I would love to see SAML 2.0 implemented in Webroot so LastPass can add it to its list of Apps (they do it for free!)

Hope to have some news on this topic soon!

KUTGW
--
Jc'
Hard to believe that in 2016, a cloud based service like WebRoot still does not have SAML integration. 

+1 Kudos to a ~3 year old Feature Request.
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Thank you for your suggestion, this has been closed due to a lack of kudos from other community members. Please feel free to start a discussion and submit a new feature request if there is additional interest from other members. Thank you!