Complete

Show file's hash when displaying blocked file's details

• 17 April 2013
  • 3 replies

When I get an alert that a machine is infected I would like to be able, in the console detail windows labeled "Programs blocked on this endpoint" and "All threats ever seen on this endpoint", to see the file's hash so I can, for example, look it up on VirusTotal to get a quick idea if it's a known good or bad file. The only way I've found to do it currently is to create an override for that file and then view the override, but I need to know about the file before I classify it.

Jon

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Thank you for providing the rationale behind how this could be a useful feature. We have our first set of alert changes coming soon. I don't believe the MD5 is in this upcoming batch of changes, but it's something we can look at doing in the future.
Userlevel 5
Hello JonH, This option already exists in your console. In any window in the console that contains columns, hover your mouse over a column header and click on the down arrow that appears. Select "Columns" and you will be able to choose which columns you'd like visible. One of these columns is going to be MD5. Thank you and please let us know if you have any further questions, Shawn T Webroot Product Manager, Support
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Feature already exists.