The fancy reporting templates look really wonderful.
However, a much simpler “report” would support using data management tools to gain additional valuable insight.
As an experienced SW architect and data guy, I am guessing the overhead for this “report” is so low, we could obtain much more than just 30 days of data using it (as long as not used too often.)
What I seek: a VERY simple pair of Data Dump files. CSV is BETTER than XLSX for this purpose. (Text files can be easily concatenated )
Drawing on the “Standard” template...
- Endpoint details. This contains all of the fields in the Endpoints tab, including prior endpoints seen. Essentially, I want a dump file showing the current and historical endpoint record. (the ConsoleEndpoints tab in some reports?)
- Ideally for ALL sites on an account! (just have a Site column)
- Ideally over a full year or more.
- Threat details. The contents of all the fields in the Threats tab
- Again, all sites, over a long period of time
THAT IS ALL.
Having a file per site, and/or multiple files over time in the same folder, just makes life complicated.
WHY DO THIS
Using various software such as the R Language, it is easy to slurp up a large pile of data, and examine it in various ways.
Some things that could easily be discerned:
- Which Sites, OS platforms, etc get a lot of reinstalls?
- Same for threats?
- What proportion of infections are seen at install time vs later?
- Which Sites and/or OS cost us more at install time, for mitigating threats?
- Which Sites, OS, etc have slow scan times?
- etc etc etc
In case it isn’t obvious to the casual observer: it is more or less impossible to get this basic “raw” information today. Even with Universal Reporter.