New

Webroot House Cleaning

Userlevel 5
Badge +19
I've been working on a few endpoints for a few weeks and comparing them against a number of other endpoints in my environment and I'm noticing a trend where Webroot doesn't clean-up after itself. Here are some examples where Webroot is leaving files on the system when they should be deleted.

1. I've got a number of endpoints where I've noticed dump files in the WRData directory. I realize there is a need for these and even a need to keep them for a period of time. However, it's 2019 and I've got an endpoint with only dump files from 2016 and 2017. The dump files alone take up close to 1 GB of space on the C drive. Can Webroot not have an auto delete of dump files if they are older than 3 or 6 months?
  2. The WRLog.log file in the WRData directory is never cleaned out. My Windows 10 endpoint is goes back to 1/9/2017 and the log file is over 4 MB. I've got other endpoints that are probably larger because they've had Webroot installed since January of 2015 or 2016, I can't remember which year we started using Webroot. Do we really need to keep the logs since installation? Can Webroot not clean out anything older than say 6 months?
  3. I uninstalled Webroot from an endpoint today and noticed that though most of the files and directories were removed, a few were left on the server. An obvious waste of space and should be completely removed when the program is uninstalled.
  4. I've been working with support on a few endpoints and they've had me download and run the log collector. These files are supposed to upload to support, but they haven't every time I've run the log collector. It saves it to the local PC and should save to the desktop, but sometimes it didn't, so I had to go looking in the temp files for it. I found what I needed, but also noticed that it left some of the temp files and directories it creates. Even when it worked and uploaded to support or just saved to the desktop, it left temp files and directories. Can you make the log collector do a better job of cleaning up after itself?
As you can see, there are a number of areas that could use proper house cleaning procedures put in place. These are the ones I've noticed just in the last few weeks. If anyone has one to add, please reply.

Thanks,

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings