New

Webroot Security awareness - bounced emails

• 5 September 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
It would be useful to be able too re-send emails that have been bounced or deferred in Webroot Security awareness portal, as today you have to get the email addresses that were bounced whitelisted by Webroot support and then create a cloned campaign to resend the email to the users. Not a great process today so any improvements would be welcomed.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
@craigm24

I'm not using this functionality of Webroot. However, I agree that it doesn't make sense to be forced to recreate a campaign to resend to a recipient.

This could be because I don't use the product, but why does Webroot have to whitelist an address you're sending to? Generally speaking, the recipient is who whitelists addresses. I'm guessing you're sending to your company since this is a business feature request. If so, it should be you whitelisting Webroot's email addresses or IP Addresses if they are sending on your behalf. Webroot should merely be the vehicle that sends the email. FYI, I'm not saying you are doing something wrong, I'm merely pointing out how this should work. I know this because I've been writing email blasting interfaces for 15+ years. Again, I'm not familiar with Webroot's implementation, so it could be a check they are doing that I can't see because I'm not using this feature. I won't get into all the technical stuff that goes into proper email blasting and hopefully someone from Webroot will respond with an answer as to why this is the case.

Also, don't forget to vote on your own idea. The system doesn't do it for you.

Hope this helps!
NicCrockett
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
@NicCrockett Thanks for the feedback and yes i completely agree we should be able to govern all settings related to the campaign and not have to contact support to white-list addresses etc. its counter productive and really frustrating. We have only started using the Security awareness solution for internal use and there seems to be a number of nuances and missing features that make it really difficult to use efficiently.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
@craigm24,

Unfortunately, I think we'll need someone from the @Webroot Team to shed some light on this subject. Building it this way could have a purpose that I don't know, since I'm not a Webroot Developer. Let's hope that someone responds with details.

Sincerely,
NicCrockett