Notice of Bug Fix – Web Threat Shield

• 15 December 2016
  • 29 replies

Userlevel 7
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 1455 replies
From Thursday, December 15, 2016, Webroot will roll out a new WSA Web Threat Shield plugin, version 1.2.0.69. to address a known defect.

This release addresses a sporadically occurring defect in which Webroot Enhanced Web Threat Shield binaries were repeatedly marked to be deleted with the next Operating System restart. In some cases, this caused installers/uninstallers to function incorrectly.

• The Installation will occur silently if automatic updates are enforced for your Webroot deployment.
  • A restart of the machine is required to complete deployment.
Note: Webroot SecureAnywhere agents will receive the updated plugin on their defined poll interval.  Agents can be forced to obtain the plugin immediately by:
  • Right-clicking the agent in the system tray and selecting "Refresh Configuration" OR
  • Running the command line “<path to executable>wrsa.exe –poll”. For example: "c:program fileswebrootwrsa.exe" -poll

Webroot apologizes for any inconvenience caused by this defect. Please contact Support if you continue to see installer/uninstaller errors following successful deployment of this plugin. 

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you Mike for thia information.:D
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
 Yes, ditto from me, too....But, the explanation about the problem, is to complicated for me to understand. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
 Yes, ditto from me, too....But, the explanation about the problem, is to complicated for me to understand. ;)
Tarnak... I believe this is for the Business Forum ....
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
 Yes, ditto from me, too....But, the explanation about the problem, is to complicated for me to understand. ;)
Tarnak... I believe this is for the Business Forum?
 I see, now I am getting more confused. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Thanks Mike much appreciated
Userlevel 7
Badge +25

@  your too funny..........:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks for the info @ It just came through here this morning. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes you are right Dermot...This announcement was for us too...

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks for the info @ can you tell us if the one at the Chrome Store will be updated soon it's still at 1.2.0.64? https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webroot-filtering-extensi/kjeghcllfecehndceplomkocgfbklffd?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 2
Thank you.
What is an "agent"
brd
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thank you.
What is an "agent"
brd
Agent is the Webroot SecureAnywhere Program installed on your PC! It could also be called Client.

HTH,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
My plugin for chrome is also at 1.2.0.64, is this still rolling out slowly? Also in chrome web store it's still 1.2.0.64.

-How do you do the refresh configuration? I'm not seeing that option. (thanks for the help and the update)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello skippystyles,

Yes the Chrome Webfilter is still 1.2.0.64,

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

I just checked my webroot filtering ext in Fire fox and it says the version is 1.2.0.69

Is it the right version?

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Julie,,

Yes that is what I have...

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Ok Sherry good enough....thank you for your speedy answer......?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:

I just checked my webroot filtering ext in Fire fox and it says the version is 1.2.0.69

Is it the right version?

Chrome: 1.2.0.64
Firefox: 1.2.0.69
Internet Explorer 1.2.0.69

WSA Web Threat Filter Driver is at 1.2.0.69

Even though Chrome is still at .64 it should be working as it should be.

"From what I understand the Chrome extension hasn't been updated to the 1.2.0.69 version because it may not have needed the changes that were applied to the local files."

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Hey Daniel Thanks for the update......?
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
I see this extension if I use Firefox latest, but it is not shown when I mostly use Waterfox. Is there a reason??
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Yarco,

Waterfox is a Firefox derivative it is not, I believe, officially supported by Webroot re. the WSA extensions, and I am not aware of any plans to make it so in the near future.

Having said that one of our members, @Shran_GoOriolesGo, has produced guidance on a workaround for the Palemoon browswer which like Waterfox is Firefox-based and which if you feel technically competent you may like to try (please see here for the relevant KB Article).  

A couple of things to NOTE:

1. This is not officially by Webroot and so you will be unable to get any support from the Support Team if things go wrong now or in the future.

2. Despite Waterfox using the same Mozilla base engine, Waterfox does NOT create a seperate data profile like Palemoon does.

Therefore, if you try to use this in Waterfox, it will completely remove the extension from Firefox, and you won't be able to use it in Firefox again.

All fine and dandy if you have no need of Firefox now or in the future...please heed the warning and consider this carefully before deciding to progress.

Hope this helps?
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
@ wrote:
I see this extension if I use Firefox latest, but it is not shown when I mostly use Waterfox. Is there a reason??
Hello
1. Go to C:ProgramDataWRDataPKGFirefox
copy folder "WebrootSecure_SocketServer" to Waterfox profile *Dataprofileextensions

Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files

2. Rename this folder - webrootsecure@webroot.com

3. Launch Waterfox and install extension

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you @ For your assistance.

I have not used Waterfox to know that you can use the Webfilter extension....
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hello
1. Go to C:ProgramDataWRDataPKGFirefox
copy folder "WebrootSecure_SocketServer" to Waterfox profile *Dataprofileextensions

Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files

2. Rename this folder - webrootsecure@webroot.com

3. Launch Waterfox and install extension

@ wrote:
Thank you @ For your assistance.

I have not used Waterfox to know that you can use the Webfilter extension....
@ Waterfox is not an Official Supported browser so this is the best way to install the Web Filter Extension in Firefox Based Browsers at your own peril!

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Techie-KB/Unofficial-How-to-Install-the-Web-Filter-Extension-in-Firefox/ta-p/265481

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Great KB Daniel..How did I miss that? 😠
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Great KB Daniel..How did I miss that? :@
I replaced Shran's with one that shows for all Firefox Based Browsers!