Webroot 2016 gets Editor's Choice at PC Mag

• 15 April 2016
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 6752 replies
Neil Rubenking's review:

Most people have at least a vague idea of how anantivirus product works. It calculates some kind of fingerprint of a file, checks that against its list of bad files, and raises the alarm if there's a match, right? In reality, almost all products use additional layers of security, but they still retain old-school signature-based detection. The 2016 edition of Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus takes a seriously different approach, one that lets it scan quickly, use a tiny amount of resources, and still offer powerful protection. In testing, Webroot knocked my socks off.

Full review here.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Awesome as always! :D

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thanks Nic! This is super awesome! 😃
Userlevel 7
Great news...but why are we all surprised...this has been the case for quite a while now and so far nothing out there comes remotely close to knocking WSA from its perch (rightful place ;))

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
Great news...but why are we all surprised...this has been the case for quite a while now and so far nothing out there comes remotely close to knocking WSA from its perch (rightful place ;))

You beat me to it Baldrick ;)
Great article Nic, thank you for posting it.
It is great to see the press finally realising what we have known for a long time, that it knocks the socks off the competition.
Userlevel 7
The SHOCKER for me was that McAfee gets an Editor's Choice as well...looks like the folks over at Intel have been hard at work. :S
Userlevel 7
But the very best bit was Neil's review of the anti ransomware prowess of WSA...that was an awesome description of what he tried and what WSA did in response...one worth noting and pointing users at when they ask about whether WSA will handle ransomware. ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Sitting here barefoot again.................Webroot has always knocked my socks off!