Solved

Webroot Community site isn't displayed correctly

• 16 October 2013
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello,

Since this morning I cannot get correctly displayed our community site in Opera 12.16. Until yesterday everything was alright, it started today. I cleared cache and rebooted but to no avail. Opera 17 and IE9 shows the site correctly. Only Opera 12.16 displayes it wrongly. Didn't you make maintenance over the night or Lithium upgrade/adjustment?

Anyone else saw this in Opera 12?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by JimM 16 October 2013, 20:51

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
At this stage I think you are the only person in the world still using Opera! Let it go would ya :p
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Confirmed Petr as I still use Opera 12.16 as I don't like to new Opera 17 as it's Chrome based. :@

Daniel
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
At this stage I think you are the only person in the world still using Opera! Let it go would ya :p
I don't care if I am alone or not ;) yesterday this site worked fine and today is crippled, if you missed the point of my post :p
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Confirmed Petr as I still use Opera 12.16 as I don't like to new Opera 17 as it's Chrome based. :@

Daniel
Thanks Daniel for the confirmation.

Roy probably don't know what is a full package browser tweak able like no other one. :D We should introduce him good old Opera. ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Daniel
Thanks Daniel for the confirmation.

Roy probably don't know what is a full package browser tweak able like no other one. :D We should introduce him good old Opera. ;)
ROFL also it's just the Community as I go to the Webroot Products page and it's fine so somrthing is a little buggy since the weekend on the community. @ Help!
Userlevel 7
Is it even possible to still get that browser? I cannot locate 12.16 on Opera's own website. They have an area for old releases, and it doesn't seem to even be listed in there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Here is the download with no added crapware. http://www.downloadcrew.com/article/22266-opera

Daniel
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Is it even possible to still get that browser? I cannot locate 12.16 on Opera's own website. They have an area for old releases, and it doesn't seem to even be listed in there.
Jim scroll down this site http://www.opera.com/computer/windows and there is Looking for the previous version? Download Opera 12 which will initiate download.

You have two ways .. Daniel gave you alternative download and I official
Userlevel 7
Not to kill the enthusiasm here but I just cannot breathe in the web without Firefox. I've tried most of them. Nothing comes close to the convenience I find in Firefox.:D
Userlevel 7
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Opera 12 will not be supported for the community because it is not supported for the rest of the website. If it happens to work, that's fine, but we cannot support it for the same reason we no longer support IE7 - the company making the browser has moved on, and there is a very, very small percentage of all users still using that browser. Total usage of Opera, inclusive of all versions, is about 1.5% of market share of all browsers. The subset of this that is still on Opera 12 is even less. I'm sorry to say, Opera 12 has been judged as not worth the extra effort to make it compatible, based on market data. We are sorry for the inconvenience, but we must suggest using a more modern browser.
Userlevel 7
That's very sad news. I go to dig a grave and tomorrow I will arrange a funeral for Opera 12 :(

OK seriously ... Because this community was broken in Opera 12 I was forced to use Opera 17 (Chromium based). However for other browsing Opera 12 is still my choice and I am not going to ditch it because it serves perfectly to all my needs. No other browser can match it, at least for me.

Jim, if I could I would take you off at least 100 Kudos for such a bad news, worst I have ever heard from you. :p
Userlevel 7
So your going to keep using an old out of date browser :D I can send you a download link for IE6 if you really want 🙂
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
So your going to keep using an old out of date browser :D I can send you a download link for IE6 if you really want :)
Roy I easily withstand your ridicule. :p You probably never had a chance to fully assess Opera, fully packed browser with mail client, RSS, IRC, download and torrent manager, best speed dial ever, fully customizable etc. etc. and btw, it is not an out of date browser. Opera ASA keeps Opera 12 with all security patches applied. They only stopped to develop it. I will surely completely switch to the new Opera (Chromium) as soon as it is fully customizable and have at least of half features of Presto Opera (important for me) what I guess might be from Opera 22 or 23.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Confirmed here as well Opera 12.15.1748 on 2 windows 7 32 & 64 bit laptops.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
It has been the last 24 hours only for me! Definitely a board problem.
Userlevel 7
I don't know if it was intended or not but since today morning this community is displayed again correctly in Opera 12.

Thanks a lot! :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Ditto here as well. I did report the site to Opera very early yesterday morning as not rendering correctly and unusable. Perhaps??
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It seems to work fine now very strange Opera 12.16.

Daniel