Community Survey Results: NEW Community Design

• 25 September 2017
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +48
A few weeks ago, you might have seen a poll pop up in the lower right hand corner of the community.  

Our team was curious as to what you thought about the new design that everyone at Webroot has been working so hard on over the last couple of months. So, we asked you a few questions:  

• Do you like the new community design?  [list]
  • If yes then: What do you like best about the new design? 
  • If no then: What don't you like about the new design? 
[/list]
  • What's the one thing the community is missing? 

I've got to say, we were all surprised at the incredible response! In just 1 week, we saw nearly 2,000 responses (1,981 to be exact). The majority of those (61.2%) liked the new design while others (32.2%) were indifferent. Only 129 or 6.5% didn't like the new design.  

Here's the full breakdown:  

A 
Yes 
1,208 (61.2%) 

No 
129 (6.5%) 

Indifferent 
636 (32.2%) 

From here, we asked those that answered, "Yes, I like the new design" what they liked about it.  

The mobile experience 
40 (4.4%) 

The search bar 
107 (11.7%) 

C 
The layout 
736 (80.6%) 

Other 
30 (3.3%) 

Those that answered, "No, I don't like the new design" were asked what they didn't like about it given the same answer choices as above:  

The mobile experience 
5 (6.3%) 

The search bar 
7 (8.8%) 

C 
The layout 
47 (58.8%) 

Other 
21 (26.3%) 

This is where it got interesting for us. It seems that the layout on the community is a bit divisive. The majority of community members like the new design and of those the majority like the new layout.
However, out of the 129 people that don't like the design, the majority of those don't like the layout.  

Finally, we asked everyone what's the one thing that the community is missing. The responses varied of course but here's the word cloud we generated from everyone's comments:  

As we continue to progress and move the community forward we will be asking for your feedback on how we can make this the very best community possible.  

A BIG thank you goes out to everyone that provided us with their feedback and took a few seconds out of their day to help improve the community.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!