Community Update - January 2018

Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Today I'm happy to announce that we have launched the next major Community release. The updates in this release have taken your feedback into account to continue to improve the overall community experience.  

A Few Highlights:  

Webroot Community Homepage:  
We've added a search bar to our Webroot Community Homepage. This way, new users will be able to search for anything across both communities to help them find what they need easily.  
Signs of Life:  
You'll notice at the top of the Consumer home page some metrics around the community.  
Featured Topics Area:  
This area has seen a little design love making the font a bit larger and bolder to help draw attention to the most important topics at hand.  
Quick Navigation:  
This has moved from the middle of the side rail to the top.  
Active Area:  
This is a new piece of functionality that scans the whole of the community to help raise awareness to the most engaging threads on our community. Think of this as our 'What's Trending' area.  
Top Kudoed Authors:  
We'd like to showcase our most kudoed authors, so we added this to the homepage to let new users know who's who around here :)  
Latest TKB Articles:  
We'd like to make our most recent TKB articles easier to find. So, we've added a TKB widget right up front on the homepage.  
Users Online (Avatar):  
We moved to a more visually appealing way to display who's online by adding this area to the homepage.  

My Profile:  

We've also added some more analytics to both your public and private profile.  

Private Stats 
This area is private to you and gives you some info around:  
  • Total Page Views 
  • Ideas Posted 
  • Total Sign ins 
  • And so much more... 
Public Stats 
This info is public facing and displays higher level stats such as:  
  • Date Registered  
  • Date Last Visited 
  • And more... 
Messaging 
You can now message any user with 2 characters in their name! I know that this has been a problem in the past but this issue has since been resolved.  

This isn't all! We have some more exciting changes coming soon including some new badges! Stay tuned!  

Drew 

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Still, I am an 'old dog', and change is overwhelming, and this is coming from someone who doesn't like these frequent changes.  Just saying. 
Userlevel 7
For instance:

Private Stats 
This area is private to you and gives you some info around:  
  • Total Page Views 
  • Ideas Posted 
  • Total Sign ins 
  • And so much more... 

How do I access that information?  I am perplexed!  I have been trying to find it in my 'profile' settings. But, no luck.
Userlevel 7
Really, this is how I [get] see who is on line... so juvenile!

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Really, this is how I [get] see who is on line... so juvenile!

I would have to agree with you @, This shows only the Members Avatar. When hovered over only shows the members name. It does't show what the member is (Gold VIP, Webroot Employee, Community Manager etc.) This makes it hard for new members to know who is online.
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
We're looking at a way to add a link to the Users Online page from the header of the 'Users Online' that you took a screenshot of above. That way it will show you the information that you're talking about. It'll be a dedicated Users Online page that you'll be able to refer back to. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I can see the private stats now by scrolling down in my profile page.
As for the "Users Online" , I do not like it but I will reserve my final judgement to see how it pans out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
I think that the User Online page will really help once it's up. I'm working on this, this week. Thanks! 
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
@   I don't see it, but is there a way to organize threads so that replies are organized under the message being replied to.  Sometimes it's hard to keep track of where a particular comment fits into the conversation.  If there's not a way to do it now - can you guys put that on the road map?  Keep up the good work!
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
You can now message any user with 2 characters in their name! per Drew
@ know you don't have to add another letter LOL
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Hey @

We're still working on that on the backend but I think we're getting really close. 

You'll be able to see either in the header of the current, "Users Online' widget at the bottom of the post or near that widget a link that will send you to the deatiled Users Online page. This will show you more info about who's online, who's new, etc. 

Hang tight!
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
@

Two observations today regarding forums & UX.

1. I noticed your signature doesn't appear in feature request replies
2. In feature requests, the landing page is sorted/defaulted to "Hot" items.  I'm not sure what constitutes a "hot" item, but it looks like alot of those are just new.  My interpretation of hot items would be most number of kudos or items that are trending up in kudo count over the last 'x' number of hours or days.
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Hey @

Thanks for the feedback. 

1) I'll check but I don't think signatures display by default in the Feature Request area. I'll check. 
2) 'Hot' is determined by ongoing evaluation of kudos, viewing activity, and other factors. An idea doesn't need the highest kudos count ot make it to the top of the Hot Ideas list. 'New' is sorted in chronological order. 
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
yes - doesn't appear to - no big deal - just something I noticed was different. Thanks for the explanation on the Hot topics!