Farewell to Webroot - time for me to move on

• 28 September 2016
  • 36 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 6752 replies
It's been a great couple of years managing the Webroot community and I'm sad to leave, but an opportunity crossed my plate that I couldn't pass up.  Don't worry, I'm leaving you in the capable hands of the rest of the community and social team until they can find a replacement community manager.  If you need anything please ping ? ? ? or ? and they'll be able to help out.  

A big thank you to everyone who makes this community so great and who has been so wonderful to work with.  Special thanks to ? ? ? ? ? ?  (I'm sure I'm forgetting some, sorry!)

I'll still stick around as a retired Webrooter account so that I can stay in touch and hear how you are all doing.  This community is a very special place on the Internet - an example of professionalism, politeness and helpfulness that is rarely equaled.  Thanks for allowing me to be part of it!

36 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
More special mentions - it only allows up to 10 in one post: ? ? ? ? ? 
Userlevel 7
Wow!! This is shocking news. Sorry to see you go Nic, it's been a lot of fun having you as Community Manager the last few years. Time sure does fly. I didn't realize it's been 2 years already. Congratulations on your new job and I wish you the best.

Cheers Buddy,
Dave.;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks! Almost 3, actually. I started in Jan 2014. Time does indeed fly, especially when you have a job you love and an awesome community to be part of!
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
You will be missed Nic and it has been a pleasure working with you on the Community, I wish you every luck in your new adventures.
Crikey, the time has gone quick - too quick.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nic,

Thank you for being such a great part of the Webroot family and a great manager of this community. We were so happy when you joined Webroot and it's been a pleasure to be your team leader for much of the last few years. 

I appreciate all you did to make this community a real "community" and not just a support forum or a place for product feedback. You've built relationships with our members, acknowledged both the company achievements and our member achievements, created enhancements to our community (badges! partner community! personalized profile! trips for our top VIPs! contests!) and allowed this to be a great, insightful website to so many people.

You will be missed and our next Community Manager has big shoes to fill. Congrats and best of luck at your new gig!

Your community admin partner-in-crime,
Cat
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks Cat!
Wow! Sad news indeed (for us). We sure will miss you, Nic. I wish you nothing but goodluck and happiness at your new job. Please drop in from time to time and let us know how you're doing.

Thanks for everything. It just won't be the same without you around. :(

?
Userlevel 7
Best wishes to you nic, I'm sad to hear your leaving. It has been a pleasure to chat with you and discuss different topics with on the forum. Best wishes in your new job and much success.
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
We're going to miss you so much Nic! I'm truly grateful that you joined us and for everything you've done while you're here. The folks at your next job don't know how lucky they are to have you. I'm so glad that you're not going to be gone for good - it will be really nice to see you pop in around here from time to time. Best of luck to you, and we will miss you!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Nic!

It's always hard to see one go..but I am happy that you are moving forward towards a new job. I am greatful to of met you and for everything you have done on this forum and off of this forum. You are a special and a fun guy and we will miss you very much.

Take care & Best of luck and the best of everything that comes your way.:D

Yes don't be a stranger and let us hear from you now and then.

Userlevel 7
Nic, 

I just saw this, and I am of mixed emotions.  First, happy for you and I wish you all the best at your new job!  Second, sadness. You have done a great job here, and you have been a wonderful friend as well.  You are going to be missed around here. 

I deeply regret not being on myself much more over the last few months, but we won't get into that.  I regret more that health reasons kept me from getting out there for a visit!  Hopefully when I do manage to get out there, you will be able to stop by and say hello while I am there!

With much respect, 
David
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Of course I will! Hopefully you'll be in travelling shape in the near future!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I'm sorry to see you leave Nic, but I wish you well on your future endeavors and give April my best! You will be missed......! ;)

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Thank you for all that you have done Nic....................you will be missed!
Userlevel 7
Dang man! I hate to see you leave the forum, but very happy that you have a great new opportunity. 

You have sure helped the forum grow and expand, and we all have benefited from your leadership. ?Nic for President!

Good luck in your future endeavour!

Userlevel 7
Badge +34
Like everyone else,I will be sorry to see you leave nic - you have been a great help on here. However the only constant in this world is change and so I wish you every success in your new endeavors.

All the best

Nemo
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
I never can say good by Nic for it leaves an empty place....You are a great example ? for others to follow.  Everyone wants to see you stay....but if you must go,  be sure to put some Kudos in your pockets...just in case you need them !   Wishing you and your family the very best....Willie;)  Godspeed>>>>>>>
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors! 😞
Userlevel 6
i  really do not know you  but its sad when someone leaves a job they love, but in life we are always looking to better ourselves so good  luck to you on your future quest. mrfloppy66
Userlevel 7
?,

It's really actually pretty sad to see you go - you've done a lot for all of us & I always enjoyed talking to you, even when I had an issue, I knew you'd take care of it right away (even when I was convinced I was just being dumb, you took care of it).

Well anyway, I'm not great at writing long goodbyes, but you'll really be missed 😕.

All the best and good luck for your future!!

Shran
Userlevel 7
Well ?....  it's a sad news for the Community and of cousre I'll also miss our "Chief"  :(

Always helpfull, sharing with us all the great news and interesting announcements...
However as one says "sometimes you close some chapter just open another one", better, interesting and full of joy, I hope  :D

Wishing you a lot of happiness, successes and all the best!! 

Thanks for everything :D

Mike
nic,

you will be missed alot from all of us i wish you all the luck in your next job and hope you do well in your new career. what other company you going too. if you cant say on here send us a pm.

all the best prince.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
? is this your last day? If it is, it was a pleasure getting to know you here at the Community and I wish you all the best in the future!

Cheers,

Daniel 😞

?

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ is this your last day? If it is, it was a pleasure getting to know you here at the Community and I wish you all the best in the future!

Cheers,

Daniel :(
Yup today is my last.  Cleaning out my desk and making sure all my duties are handed off!