MRG Effitas: Online Banking / Browser Security Certification Project – Q3 2016

• 5 December 2016
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
MRG Effitas Online Banking / Browser Security Certification Project – Q3 2016
https://www.mrg-effitas.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/MRG_Effitas_Online_Banking_Certification_Q3_2016.pdf

MRG Effitas Online Banking Browser Security Certification for Q3 2016 is awarded to the following products:
Kaspersky Internet Security
Quarri POQ
SurfRight HitmanPro.Alert
Symantec Norton Security
Watchdog Online Security Pro
Webroot SecureAnywhere
Zemana AntiLogger

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Thank you Petr.

It is good to see Webroot up there with the best and ahead of some of the big names as well. But I have no doubt that some of the doubters will still find problems with the result.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Yup that is good news for us and to heck with the doubters!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks Petr!

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Awesome! Thanks Petr!
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Thank you Petr....great news!
Userlevel 7
Hi Petr, thanks for posting.

It is intgeresting that this comes hot on the heels of the last test that had WSA 'failing' along with some other big names in a parallel test.

Have to say that as far as I can remember WSA has been in the lead for some time (at least a couple of years if not more) in the domain of online banking/browser security...and long may it continue given that this is a very important area.

So most excellent news, indeed.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
This is awesome it does such a good job here.  I like the fact that you can use a browser you like (ex. Chrome) and be protected without having to use some "special browser" as some of the other programs are listed to have in order to get full protection in this test. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +25

@ wrote:
This is awesome it does such a good job here.  I like the fact that you can use a browser you like (ex. Chrome) and be protected without having to use some "special browser" as some of the other programs are listed to have in order to get full protection in this test. :)

😉