Message from Joseph Rizzuto, Product Manager, Integrations

Userlevel 4
Badge +9
Hi Community Members!

My name is Joseph Rizzuto, and I am the Product Manager for Integrations here at Webroot. Our team is responsible for managing product integrations with partners such as ConnectWise, Kaseya, Ninja, Continuum, BrightGauge, Atera, Pulseway, and many more. We also manage the Unity API, our centralized REST based platform for our next-gen cybersecurity technology. Our products cover everything from basic licensing and provisioning functionality, all the way to robust product integrations that blend our technology together with our partners.

I am based out of our headquarters in Broomfield Colorado, and work with teams in 8 different countries. Our focus on the MSP space and close relationships with industry leading partners is part of what differentiates Webroot in the market. We’ve come a long way since I joined the company almost 3 years ago, and we’re very excited about innovating through collaboration.

I am thrilled to be featured as the next PM of the month. Be on the lookout for an upcoming Q&A, similar to the one that @ did last month, where I’ll answer all of your integration questions. In the meantime, we would love to get your feedback. All you need to do is reply below or mention me throughout the community with @.

To get us started here a few questions that I have for you: 

Are you using a tool that we are not already integrated with?
Is there something you would like to see as a new feature?
How are you automating daily tasks at your MSP?

Best regards,
Joseph Rizzuto
Product Manager, Integrations

15 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
We love the Connectwise Automate integration and the ease of management it provides. One suggestion: On the Computers tab of the Automate Plugin I would like the ability to change the policy and/or have the ability to uninstall from that window instead of having to go the the GSM.
Userlevel 1
Badge +8
How about just integrations with your products and the portal?
The SecureAnywhere client needs to access your public IP's to access the portal.
We don't allow any access to the internet without proxy services.
You have dynamic public IP's for this because you use Amazon cloud.
Your suggestion is to use wildcard URL's for allow this traffic through firewalls.
Our firewalls only allow traffic via IP addresses, not URL's and especially not wildcard URL's.
Your other suggestion is to set the WRSA to use a proxy. This works but is not stable. Sometimes it works, but mostly is just inconsistent.
So solutions are:
1. Give us a set of static AWS or other IP's we can use for higher security companies.
2. Make your WRSA agent proxy settings work better.
I'd be more than happy to speak to you on these issues. But we have requested this in the past and WR does not want to bother. Your product is very good when it works right.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
The Automate / Connectwise integration is good but we do see differing data on the plugin dashboard vs that on GSM.

We also use Brighgauge and would love to see more data available this way; at the moment the fields we can select seem a little limited and the naming doesn't always make sense.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Some sort of integration with solarwinds MSP, even if its a link to fire up another portal would be nice.

I understand that Solarwinds are pretty ties to bitdefender, but anything that allows simple navigation from one portal to a drilled down position on another is good.
Userlevel 6
Badge +26
@ - this feature, the ability to directly assign policies to a specific computer, will be released in the next version.

Couple of teasers from one of our beta/test servers, your welcome! 8-)

Right click on computer name and select Webroot Pollicy.

Policy assignment.

Temporary option for short term assignment.

Userlevel 5
Badge +24
We use Connectwise Automate.

The plugin is improving steadily, however, here are my suggestions for it (note, if I missed an update that says these are going to happen, please disregard):

• need for a brute-force uninstaller of Webroot (followed by file cleanup) when an agent misbehaves (happens a bit more than we would like)
  • Under "Clients" need to be able to assign the same keycode to multiple sites at once (can select multiple sites, but option to assign keycode, option is grayed out)
  • Under "Computers" need to be able to assign a Webroot Policy to single or multiple systems (option is available in GSM, but not in Automate plugin)
  • Under "Locations" (or alternately, clients) need to be able to assign a default Webroot policy to site (option is available in GSM, not in plugin).

Thank you for the opportunity for feedback.
Userlevel 1
Hi Joe! Big fan!

Are you using a tool that we are not already integrated with?
If we were, we fixed that ourselves.
Is there something you would like to see as a new feature?
1) Add to the available API-accessible endpoint commands the "Download and Execute" function.
2) Add more SAT metrics for reporting. All the metrics. Moar datas.
How are you automating daily tasks at your MSP?
1) We have a Microsoft Teams bot that our engineers use to interface with Webroot to audit/change endpoint policies. It also re-sets the policy to the original policy after 8 hours. You know, in case the tech forgets to re-enable protection. 🙂 The same integration can query for threats against the endpoint and produces a downloadable html report.
2) We have a Go microservice running regular maintenance on the endpoints in the console. It deactivates old endpoints and reactivates (and re-applies default policies and moves to appropriate group) deactivated endpoints that show signs of life. We also have this same service pulling the (limited) Security Awareness Training data down to create neat reports for our sales team to drool over.
3) We audit our fleet population for comprehensive tool deployment, and part of this is knowing where Webroot is and is not deployed and happy. This data comes from Unity as well.

We love Unity here.

Thank you for all your hard work Webroot Dev teams!

Thanks Joe!
Brendan

Userlevel 3
Badge
I'm a bit outside of the box playing in the SMB space, but I'd love to see some Zapier integration. 
Userlevel 4
Badge +9
Hi @,

Thank you for posting. Can you describe the differences you are seeing in the Automate integration? We can certainly look into that for you.

As for BrightGauge, we are extremely thrilled to have launched the first version of the integration. We are working closely with the BrightGauge team, and refining things as we go. The labels you are seeing are due to how data is grouped in our Unity API. Have you had a chance to look at the different selections of gauges currently available? There is much more available currently than at first glance. If there is anything you think should be added, we're all ears.

Thank you,
Joseph
Userlevel 4
Badge +9
Hi @,

Thank you for posting. We are certainly interested in examining a potential integration with SolarWinds. The best thing we can ask you to do is let SolarWinds know that an integration with Webroot would benefit your MSP. Partner demand from MSPs who would like to leverage our cybersecurity solutions alongside SolarWinds products will be the shortest path to future discussions.

I would love to get more details on what type of requirements you would like to see built. Please feel free to PM me and we can discuss further.

Thank you,
Joseph  
Userlevel 4
Badge +9
Hey Brendan!

Thanks for posting! Have you looked at the DNS Traffic reporting we've just launched in Unity? This might be a great addition to your feature set. If not, take a look at this link.

Enhanced WSAT functionality is being looked at right now. There is definately a lot of potential there. I know we have conversations going alongside this, but we welcome anyone else on this thread to let us know what they would like to see out of WSAT API functionality.

Looking forward to catching up.

Take care,
Joe
Userlevel 4
Badge +9
Hi @,

Thanks for posting. Can you provide some extra details on how a Webroot / Zapier integration would help your business? We're always looking for new potential integrations and would love your feedback.

Thank you,
Joseph
Userlevel 3
Badge
Zapier is for me an engine that connects my application stack. 

So with Webroot in the mix, for example, I'd be able to trigger events from Webroot - say Webroot generates an alert, I could run that into my Business Chat Application, file the event in my job management software, create tasks in my task management software. Reporting could also be neatly handled in terms of storing the data in my document management software as well as sending it (and parsing it) how I want to whom I want to. 

I already do this using email ie. I have Webroot emails targeted at specific mailboxes and then I parse the contents to auto-create tasks at a given priority based on keywords... but that would be easier if Webroot spoke to Zapier directly. There are over 1000+ applications supported on Zapier now, so you'd essentially be enabling 'no-dev-required' connections between Webroot and any of those applications.
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Just wanted to remind everyone that we're all set for tomorrow. Can't wait to talk with you then with @ at 10am MT! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Hey everyone, 

I wanted to let you know that we got the LIVE Q&A up a little early. We'll get started at 10am MT. See you soon!