Solved

Updates for forum threads should contain the actual message

Userlevel 2
It would be great if they contained the actual message instead of just something like:

Hi davidhq,
TripleHelix (Silver VIP) posted a new Reply in https:///t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/bd-p/WSA-AV on 04-06-2014 12:28 AM:
----

This is how Apple Support Communities updates look like: http://cl.ly/image/1T0D3h060i1b

regards,
david
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 7 April 2014, 18:23

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi davidhq

Interesting point but one that will depend on whether the forum-related application (Lithium) will handle it.  So for that we need the input of our excellent Community Manager, guru in all things in this area...so @ one for you I believe.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I couldn't find a setting to turn that on, but I posted on the Lithium support forum to see if that is possible or not.
Userlevel 7
Thanks nic!

Mike
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It's a user setting!

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ah good to know - I was looking for some global back-end setting to change 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Oh, and should I make this the default for everyone?  Or just let those that want it turn it on?
Userlevel 7
It might be OK to make Subject+Bodthe default, but make sure we can still change it.  I suggest default as new members likely will not have gone into the settings.  They join, they post about the single question or problem.  Most users do not join with the intent of being active daily, though we  do our best to keep them once we have them.  They would have no interest in going into settings until they become more active.
Userlevel 7
Hi Nic

I would just leave it to each user's discretion.  We have this Thread with the info in it and therefore the OP has a solution to their 'issue' and we can advise future user questions re. this on the basis of this post.

Just my thoughts...as usual.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
See the default? You have something on how to use the forum software for the Community don't you Post/Thread?

Daniel
Userlevel 2
Great! I have set it, thank you.

I think the default should be subject + body because *a lot* of people who would prefer it this way (I believe almost everybody) won't be aware that's a setting... also they won't see this thread without really looking... they'll just think that's the way it is and will continue with their lives 🙂 Always secretly wishing the body of the message would be included in the emails.