Wait a Minute, the Community Looks Different!

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 831 replies
Hello Everyone!
You may notice that the Webroot Community looks different today, as we have rolled out the first of several improvements. The most immediate changes you’ll see are updates to the overall look and feel of the community. This cleaner and more modern design update ties into the overall aesthetic that you’ve come to know on our main site, Webroot.com. I think where you’ll notice the biggest change is on the homepage:

Here are some of the other changes we’ve made:

• Moved to a responsive design – the page will adjust when viewed on smaller screens
  • Updated header with clearer links instead of icons
  • Updated font and colors to match the webroot.com site
  • Added a search bar at the top of the page

We are constantly striving to make this an even better place for you to ask questions, get answers, and discuss ideas.

I hope that everyone enjoys these changes. Please share any feedback you have with us and we will keep you posted as we work through more changes to help with the organization and navigation. This is just the first phase of many in what will be an ever evolving community.

61 replies

Userlevel 7
Nice changes, Anna

Gives the Community a nice, fresh & very professional appearance. :D

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I agree it looks nice!

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you Anna!:D

Looks fun and fresh!
Userlevel 6
Very snazzy!  😃
Userlevel 7
Thank you Anna, Love the new look. :D
Badge +8
Nice now I don't have to wear my glasses. I have noticed that the kudo button is different. It shows the number of kudos but does not indicate with a check mark that I have kudoed it. If I click it a second time by mistake, it takes the kudo away. I need to be very careful with this.

But I love it so far.

Theresa
Badge +8
Hi Anna,

On my screen, the three little dots which indicate what the options are for a post are really tiny and part of the date covers them up. I missed them at first, but with persistence....

Thanks, Theresa
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Nice now I don't have to wear my glasses. I have noticed that the kudo button is different. It shows the number of kudos but does not indicate with a check mark that I have kudoed it. If I click it a second time by mistake, it takes the kudo away. I need to be very careful with this.

But I love it so far.

Theresa
Hi Theresa

From what I can tell if you have applied a kudo to a post the box with the thumb in it goes 'Blue' otherwise it is white, and that indicates that you have kudoed the post.

Regards, Baldrick
Badge +8
Thanks. I see the changes now. :p
T
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Nice changes, Anna. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Brilliant work Webroot team.
Clean, modern, easy to  read and fresher, what more can I say.
Badge +8
I can't wait for the next phase. This is fun.:D

T
Userlevel 7
Sorry, but I like old one. This one is too overwhelming.  I don't think I can follow it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Sorry, but I like old one. This one is too overwhelming.  I don't think I can follow it.

Just give it time buddy you will get use to it! 😉
Userlevel 7
Hi Tarnak

I know what you mean but agree with Daniel...give it some time.

By the way...just wondering if you guys would agree that the overall aspect of the new UI might benefit from the font being a tad smaller...which may in turn redue the feeling of being overwhelmed?

Let me know and if you agree I will make the suggestion that the Commuinty Management Team experiment with that.

Cheers, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@, and @

I find the large font to be overwhelming and especially when using an Android when accessing the WR Forum. 
Badge +8
@ wrote:
Hi Tarnak

I know what you mean but agree with Daniel...give it some time.

By the way...just wondering if you guys would agree that the overall aspect of the new UI might benefit from the font being a tad smaller...which may in turn redue the feeling of being overwhelmed?

Let me know and if you agree I will make the suggestion that the Commuinty Management Team experiment with that.

Cheers, Baldrick
Hear, Hear!!
Theresa
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I'm sure there will be many changes to come as Anna and Drew pushed this out late Friday so we will wait and see what they have to say tomorrow. 😉
Badge +8
Like kids in a candy store.....more, more, more (at least that was how I was):$

I like the enhanced layout and I am sure this is just the start of their new website. It's a lot of work updating a website this size. ;)

T
Userlevel 7
Indeed, Daniel

That is ture. Just canvassing views as to whether it is worth raising the font size with them or not. Do not want to waste their time if I am the only one who has a slightly negative view on whatios currently in place.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
I am finding that if I reset my Firefox zoom level for this site to 90%, it seems about right.

Userlevel 7
Badge +34
@ wrote:
Indeed, Daniel

That is ture. Just canvassing views as to whether it is worth raising the font size with them or not. Do not want to waste their time if I am the only one who has a slightly negative view on whatios currently in place.

Regards, Baldrick
I have also noticed that when replying and quoting a previous post as I am doing here, the new message is not as obvious as it used to be. Much like before, I think the quote needs to be in a box of some kind.

Also, it would be helpful to have automatic spelling corrections, rather than having to click on ABC which we clearly all don't always do!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ with Firefox do you see 2 tops and 2 bottoms of the Community? With IE, Edge and Chrome it shows normal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +34
@ I sure do although hadn't noticed until you pointed it out. Same on Android with Firefox but Brave browser shows normal.
Badge +8
@ wrote:
@ with Firefox do you see 2 tops and 2 bottoms of the Community? With IE, Edge and Chrome it shows normal.

I discovered that the log in at the very top of the screen is for the Webroot Console. I know, useless information. Can't stop this attention to detail syndrome that I was born with.
T