Webroot Announces Significant Growth in Fiscal Year 2017

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 831 replies
Webroot, the market leader in endpoint security, network security, and threat intelligence, announced 15 percent year-over-year bookings growth for its fiscal year ending on June 30, 2017. The fourth fiscal quarter of 2017 marks Webroot’s fourteenth consecutive quarter of double-digit company and business segment growth. Overall, Webroot’s year-over-year business segment bookings for 2017 grew by 35 percent. 

Key Fiscal Year 2017 Highlights:
Webroot Growth
  • In 2017, Webroot added over 3,800 managed service providers (MSPs), bringing the total to over 9,400 MSPs. The company protects more than 210,000 businesses.
  • Clarity Channel Advisors named Webroot as the number one endpoint protection provider to MSPs with 30 percent market share, based on 2016 MSPmentor 501 Survey data.
  • Webroot added 16 new BrightCloud© Threat Intelligence Services technology alliance partners in 2017 including Clavister and Guidance Software, and renewed or expanded relationships with another six partners.
  • On the consumer side of the business, Webroot’s 6 percent year over year growth was six times the overall information security market growth, estimated at 1 percent CAGR 2016-2021 for the consumer security software market worldwide by Gartner in its Forecast Analysis: Information Security, Worldwide, 1Q17 Update report from June 2017.

Read the full press release here!

17 replies

Very cool announcement. There is a lot of good information in there that I didn't know about webroot...your product just keeps getting better and better. Great job guys!!!

Edited for spelling... dang cell phone autocorrect. 
Userlevel 3
Great news, well done Webroot
Well done WR, proud to be part of the game 🙂
Great news.Keep up the good results!
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
A superb report, and I'm particulary drawn to the note regarding 3,800 additional MSPs, which demonstrates the strength of the Webroot approach.  Really pleased to be a small part of this programme.
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
I'd be more interested to learn about this 5th gen BrightCloud Malware Detection. Seems like it could be great to have as an offering to assist customers security!
Userlevel 3
Glad more and more businesses are making good AV decisions!
Awesome news! So glad to hear that you guys will be around for a long time!
Userlevel 3
Gonna miss being the one with the secret end-point security weapon.
Userlevel 2
Awesome news guys!  Looking forward to the next round of innovation from Webroot!
Badge +6
Great news!  Also, some good information to share with my clients and to validate that they have the best-in-breed of endpoint protection services.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Woot. Keep up the amazing work you all do @ Webroot
Great News!
Userlevel 4
Like to see that market share is growing and that technology is continuing to innovated. Keep up the good work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Nice to see growth happening!
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
A great product and support, so I'm glad the growth is reflecting it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
This is excellent news and I can understand why you would grown. You are product innovators not just leaders.