Webroot Quarterly Threat Trends September 2017

• 21 September 2017
  • 24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 831 replies

We've just released the September 2017 issue of the Webroot Quarterly Threat Trends Report!

In this issue:
View the full report here and share your thoughts with the Community!

24 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Phishing is so prevalent these days that we include training to all of our clients. The more they are trained in what to spot - the less time we have to spend cleaning up mistakes. It's a win-win for all of us.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Great summary, and a lot of effort; thanks
Userlevel 3
Appreciate the content.
Userlevel 4
Good idea getting training done. Have you looked at the new Webroot Training beta?
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
A very interesting, if scary read at the way things are going!
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
We have seen some very well written phising attacks which is why our aim is to train the employees we work with to spot these. 
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Phishing attacks are now something that we must deal with everyday. Client awareness is a key factor but there are also many things that we can do as IT to help prevent this. We're always looking for the best ways to help combat but not block legitimate messages and confuse users. 
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Great info. Passing on to my customers. Thanks for the data.
Userlevel 3
Always great to be kept up to speed on current topics as Phishing is always i big one.
Userlevel 3
Interesting read, thanks 
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Its a geat article, it still bother me about phising attacks.  No matter how much you advise - users get caught up in their day to day and the Phishers take adavange of that.
Love the content! I always incorporate this into my training with new users for the security portion.
Wow: did not expect such a deeply elaborated report: a really good read, even if not a light and fast one. Thanks a lot for your effort. 
Badge +6
Once again, GREAT information to digest and disseminate to current and perspective clients.  Keep it coming!
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Good stuff!  Thanks!!
Userlevel 5
Badge +19
Like thes. Maybe go monthly?
Userlevel 1
We train our clients as well as using an email service  called SENDIO that helps to weed out SPAM, emails with viruses and phishing emails.
Userlevel 2
Very Interesting!!!
Userlevel 2
I know it more work for you guys, but Monthly Reports would be awesome.  We use these as sales tools 🙂
Nice to see Phishing Attacks being talked about, good article
Very informative. Thanks for addressing phishing attacks.
Userlevel 1
Good read
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
It is a little concerning that 29% of responders believe that their users aren't adequately trained; it is probably the most cost effective prevention!
Userlevel 6
Badge +20
@ wrote:

We've just released the September 2017 issue of the Webroot Quarterly Threat Trends Report!

In this issue:
View the full report here and share your thoughts with the Community!
No surprise that phishing is #1 on the security incidents list.