Webroot Weekly Highlights - 10/12/2018

• 12 October 2018
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
This is a weekly highlight of the best articles and news going on in the Community.

See any stories that catch your interest? What would you like to see in the future? Let us know in the comments below!

Upcoming LIVE Ransomware Q&A: October 18 2018

"I wanted to spend some time with you to answer your questions about Ransomeware. Webroot will be holding a LIVE Q&A session right here on the Webroot Community on Oct 18th from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. MT. Don't miss it!

Please use this time to post your questions about Ransomware, and I will answer as many as I possibly can between 10-11 a.m.

Webroot will also be giving away a $100 Best Buy.gift card so you don't want to miss that!"

See the full article here.

Webroot Threat Report October 2018

Check out the Webroot® Threat Report: Mid-Year Update, which explores the ever-evolving cybersecurity landscape.
Highlights include:

• There has been a massive shift from ransomware to cryptomining.
  • Cryptojacking scripts are on the rise.
  • Windows® 10 adoption increases.
  • Ransomware attacks exploit unsecured RDP to find the most valuable targets.
  • Phishing attempts skyrocket and Dropbox is now primary target for phishing attacks.
  • Businesses are realizing the necessity for security awareness training programs.

6 ways to keep up with cybersecurity without going crazy

Attackers compromising MikroTik routers have configured the devices to forward network traffic to a handful of IP addresses under their control.

Cybercriminals gained access to the devices by exploiting  CVE-2018-14847, a vulnerability that has been patched since April.

See the full article here.

Understanding the privacy paradox

The service gleans information from receipts, travel itineraries, trade confirmations for online brokerages, Uber messages, auto-loan confirmation and promotions.

While the rest of the U.S. tech industry is taking steps to assuage consumer concerns over privacy and data-harvesting, Yahoo is selling off the ability to scan more than 200 million Yahoo Mail inboxes for rich user data that might be used for marketing purposes.

See what our customers have been saying about us!

• "Webroot is the best and most reliable bar none"
  • "This product saved my information and accounts a few weeks ago from being corrupted. I'm very happy with this product."
  • "I have had webroot for over a decade and I love it. It does what I want."

0 replies

Be the first to reply!