Webroot Weekly Highlights - 10/19/2018

• 19 October 2018
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
This is a weekly highlight of the best articles and news going on in the Community.

See any stories that catch your interest? What would you like to see in the future? Let us know in the comments below!

[b]@AndyMa@TylerM, and me (@PCrespin)[/list] 
See the full article here.

Social Engineering - What to look out for

We recently received an email from a "hacker" looking to scam us. We posted it to the Community so you can see how scammers are trying to con you out of your money.

See the email here.

New iOS Passcode Bypass Allows Viewing and Sharing Photos from Locked iPhones

Just as he did the last time he managed to bypass the screen lock on iPhones running iOS 12, Jose Rodriguez iOS enthusiast and hobbyist hacker managed to find a way to work around the iOS lock screen to view and share photos from a locked iPhone.

Rodriguez uploaded a video on YouTube showing how the vulnerability he found can be exploited with the help of accessibility features implemented by Apple within iOS to enable users with visual impairments to use their devices.

See the full article here.

How Cybercriminals are Targeting free Wi-Fi Users?

Free Wi-Fi is convenient, but it is also unsafe and puts users at great risk. Here’s how the cybercriminals attack user on these open networks. 

The free Wi-Fi is one of the catchiest things for the users in today’s world. This is the main reason why so many free public Wi-Fi can be found without much of a problem. It is not only free but convenient to use these open networks. However, many might not be aware of the fact that these free open Wi-Fi hotspots are actually unsafe and they put the users at great risk.

There are multiple ways in which many cybercriminals are targeting the users of these free Wi-Fi hotspots. Many of these users are at least aware that the open networks they connect are actually unsafe. But what they do not know are various ways in which they are being targeted by the cybercriminals and hackers on these open networks.

See the full article here.

See what our customers have been saying about us!

• "This anti-virus is the best! The coverage stops many problems before they reach your computer. I have used it for more than 10 years. With the updates the program stays current. A great choice!"
  • "I have stuck with webroot for years on all of my devices. great customer service, too."
  • "I've been protected by Webroot for years now and I have never had an issue. My former coverage was substandard to Webroot. Highly recommended."

0 replies

Be the first to reply!