Webroot Weekly Highlights - 5/18/2018

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
This is a weekly highlight of the best articles and news going on in the Community.

See any stories that catch your interest? What would you like to see in the future? Let us know in the comments below!

GDPR & NDB Readiness - New Webroot Report

Webroot has released a new report, Data Privacy and Regulation: The Worldwide Race to Comply which looks at global organizations readiness to comply with GDPR and NDB. See the press release and report for key findings, advice, and resources.

Read the full press release here

Product Update: PC Agent Version 9.0.20.31

The latest version of WSAB is up as of last week, if you happened to have missed it, you can find all the details here.

Windows 10 preview toughens up security with stronger vetting of antivirus apps

Microsoft has unleashed another Windows 10 preview build, with only relatively minor changes, but nonetheless there’s an interesting move on the security front.

Build 17672 (for Redstone 5, the update due later this year) has been made available to those testers in the ‘skip ahead’ program and fast ring, and it contains a major change when it comes to how Windows 10 deals with third-party antivirus software (from the likes of Bitdefender or Kaspersky, to cite a couple of big-name examples).

Going forward, the Windows Security Center will require any antivirus app to run as a protected process for it to be shown in the UI of the Center. Furthermore, as well as not being displayed in the Center, these apps will also have Windows Defender Antivirus enabled alongside them.

See the full article here.

Live Q&A about DNSP with Kiran Kumar

We will have Kiran Kumar with us for a live Q&A session so we can answer any and all questrion you have about DNSP. You can find it right here on the Community the week of the 29th. More information to come! 

See what people have been saying about us

• "I have a powerhouse desktop which I worked very hard on building. I use it for some pretty heavy stuff, and having antivirus software that will not only secure my investment, but also use limited resources to do so, is a huge deal for me. It simply works. I started using Webroot in July of 2013 and have used it ever since, no matter what the computer might be. It's on my laptops, desktops, you name it - and I know it's going to work."
  • "This is an amazing software package. I do a lot of bench marking and nothing comes close to the performance of Webroot. I wish there were more of an assurance as to always having updated software, but it's alright I guess. Please continue your most excellent support and service. I'D HAPPILY PAY DOUBLE FOR THIS."
  • "I love Webroot! It is very light on resources and, as a result, doesn't interfere with my computer's operation. The frequent updates and scans help keep my computer secure. A wonderful antivirus application that I've recommended to others."

0 replies

Be the first to reply!