Webroot Weekly Highlights - 6/1/2018

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
This is a weekly highlight of the best articles and news going on in the Community.

See any stories that catch your interest? What would you like to see in the future? Let us know in the comments below!

Upcoming Webroot DNS Protection Q&A: June 6th 2018

Kiran Kumar will be holding a Live Q&A on June 6th. If you can't drop by on the 6th (between 10-10:30am MDT), then feel free to post your question early so he can answer it.

Read more about this event here.

Europol Creates Dark Web Investigations Team

The European Union’s law enforcement agency today announced the creation of a dedicated team that will be investigating activity across the dark web.

The newly established Dark Web Investigations Team, embedded within Europol’s European Cybercrime Centre (EC3), is the result of a Europol initiative “to create a coordinated law enforcement approach to tackle crime on the dark web.”

The dedicated team will have participation from EU law enforcement agencies, operational third parties, and other relevant partners.

See the full article here.

CSS Is So Overpowered It Can Deanonymize Facebook Users

Some of the recent additions to the Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) web standard are so powerful that a security researcher has abused them to deanonymize visitors to a demo site and reveal their Facebook usernames, avatars, and if they liked a particular web page of Facebook.

Information leaked via this attack could aid some advertisers link IP addresses or advertising profiles to real-life persons, posing a serious threat to a user's online privacy.

The leak isn't specific to Facebook but affects all sites which allow their content to be embedded on other web pages via iframes.

See the full article here.

New malware from this past week

We've seen a few new threats arise over this past week, here's a look at what's on the horizon of cyber security threats:

See what people have been saying about us

• "Webroot works quietly in the background and protects our computers. We are very glad we purchased this product."
  • "Amazing product. Easy to deploy and works like a dream."
  • "WSA is the fastest AV i have ever used. Uses no CPU or RAM and i never notice when its scanning my PC daily. Its an AntiVirus software i can trust."

0 replies

Be the first to reply!