Webroot Weekly Highlights - 6/22/2018

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
This is a weekly highlight of the best articles and news going on in the Community.

See any stories that catch your interest? What would you like to see in the future? Let us know in the comments below!

Webroot at DattoCon 2018

The Webroot team is at DattoCon this week connecting with cybersecurity enthusiasts and tech leaders. One thing that struck the team was this art installation at the venue.  

"Art and expression are at the core of every discipline, even #cybersecurity. With every stroke—brush and key—let’s re-invent how our culture approaches security. #DattoCon18 via Webroot"

Are you at DattoCon right now? Be sure to stop our booth!
Not at the conference? Stay up to date with the latest DattoCon 2018 news by following our Webroot Twitter account

One more week to enter the contest!

Submit a response to this thread before the end of next week to be entered in to win a Webroot Growler! While you're at it, we have some great information about ideal cyber hygiene and a survey to see which state's level of risk is closest to your own!

MRG Effitas Efficacy Test Results

I’m very happy to report that Webroot was one of only 3 companies tested to pass all the tests in the MRG Effitas Online Banking / Browser Security Certification Project – Q1 2018.

The others were avast! Internet Security and Kaspersky Internet Security.

These are ALL the vendors assessed:

• avast! Internet Security 18.3.2333
  • Avira Internet Security 15.0.34.27
  • BitDefender Internet Security 2018 22.0.20.260
  • ESET Internet Security 11.0.159.9
  • F-secure Business, Computer Protection 18.4
  • Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 18.0.0.405 (g)
  • McAfee Total Protection 16.0 R10
  • Microsoft Windows Defender with SmartScreen 4.12.16299.15
  • SurfRight HitmanPro.Alert 3.7.6 Build 739
  • Symantec Norton Security 22.14.0.54
  • Trend Micro Maximum Security 12.0.1226
  • Webroot SecureAnywhere 9.0.19.43

Read more about this test here.

New malware from this past week

We've seen a few new threats arise over this past week, here's a look at what's on the horizon of cyber security threats:

See what people have been saying about us

• "Works quietly in the background & has protected computer from infections while doing research on the web. Do not notice any slowdown of computer. Scans are fast!"
  • "We have used Webroot for many years now. Customer support is consistently proficient. The product is priced right, too!"
  • "I've had good and bad anti-virus and anit-malware on every computer I've ever had, baring none WEBROOT is the very best by far of all I've tried."

0 replies

Be the first to reply!